• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Property on separation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Property on separation

I have been with my partner for 7 years and recently found out that she has been having an affair for the last 2.

At the beginning of this year I became joint owner of her property. We took out a new mortgage in both names and are joint tenants. I pay the mortgage.

3 children live in the property aged 16, 11 and 5. I am only father of the 5 year old. The other 2 are hers from a previous relationship.

I will be seeking formal legal advice in due course but would just appreciate some advice in the meantime. Am I right in saying I own 50% of the equity and I have no legal obligation to her 2 children?

Thanks
    Tags: None

Hello, thank you for reaching out to our service. I understand this is difficult for you and will try my best to assist you. If you hold the property as joint tenants, you both own the entire property. Therefore it is common during a split it is 50:50. In regards to the children are you able to explain a bit further? Are you and your partner married or were you just living together?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X