• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. If this is your first visit to LegalBeagles and you need assistance then you can ask a question here;
    Create a Thread
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CMS Issues

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • CMS Issues

    My ex and I have had an ongoing agreement over payment for my son for the last 2 years which has worked very well and I think was fair amount. However recently my ex asked me to sign as guarantor on a 5000 loan which I refused especially when I realised that the money was wanted to help bring a new partner who is from Ghana I think I was justified in refusing to do this.
    As a consequence my ex has now gone to the CMS and they are saying based on my income I have to pay 420 pcm. which is massive amount for one child this is just based on my Gross pay and whilst I acknowledge I earn a decent wage there is no account in this taken for any of my living costs. I was left with all the marital debt, a house that my partner wanted which turns out to be in desparate need of repair and the fact that my employer moved my work location some 60+ miles away from where I live so to earn that wage I have a daily 120+ mile round trip to work which the CMS will not take account of, they will not take account of the mortgage, the money to repair the house, the money it costs me when I go 30+ miles each ways to see my son they claim none of this is relevant.
    I am desperate here to find out if there is anything I can do because after paying all my outgoings I only have 200 spare each month so will be left having to give up a job I have done for over 34 years thus losing my pension rights and becoming a burden on the state, just like my ex is who has been claiming benefits for over 15 years now.
    Are the CMS correct telling me they do not have to take any of this into consideration?* * Is there nothing I can do about this? Am I doomed to become a burden on the state?
    Please help
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.




Find family law specialists that offer fixed fee services on our sister site, JustBeagle...

justbeagle screenshot

Find a Law Firm NOW

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm