• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Have I been tricked?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have I been tricked?

Hello.

I am in a situation where some of you may think I was a bit silly for allowing myself to get here, but I was in a bit of a coercive relationship.

I was married from 2005 - 2016 and have 2 children during this time.

We only divorced because my wife had an idea of moving to America and thought it would be easier to do it individually. We didn't move.

We have bought and sold numerous houses over the time of marriage and after marriage. Sometimes just in her name or joint (depending on whether I was on contract work or employed) . We currently have 1 house with equity of about £300000. This was in both our names until January 2019 when I signed the deed to her and took myself off the mortgage as I was going to buy a buy to let property and wanted to ring-fence the family home. I did not buy the btl as I was under the impression that we had more saving in her account but she will now not let me see this account or have access to it. Once I signed the deeds over and removed myself from the mortgage her attitude towards me and our relationship changed.

When we divorced we had no financial settlement, as at the time it was just a technically, but now it feels like it might be the real thing. We all still live in the house.

I have very small pension savings, but my wife has quite a significant amount from her employment starting 2007 - 2017.

Can anyone let me know where I stand, and am I vulnerable to lose any claim to the equity in the house?

Kind regards.

Tags: None

Hello, thank you for reaching out to our service. I understand this is difficult for you and will try my best to assist you. Can you please elaborate a bit more on the living situation and your contribution towards the house that you are worried about. For example can you just confirm that you never moved out of the house, do you pay ay bills in the house? Are you regularly contributing to the house?

Comment

I still live in the house and have always lived in the house. I contributed money each month to my (ex) wife's account who then pays the mortgage, council tax etc. Some of the other utility costs come directly out of my account.*

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X