• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Divorce, adultery and home split.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divorce, adultery and home split.

Hi, my name is demi,
    I married my husband in 2014, we part own and part rent our property. We initially bought 25% of the house and rent the 75%. We have two children aged 9 and 5.

14 weeks ago I was suspicious that my husband had been going behind my back with another woman, he left the property off his own back and never returned.

Throughout all the years we have owned a home I have always paid the Bill's, mortgage etc from my bank account and he contributed by putting in my bank £100 a week to pay for food shopping.

Last week I had been sent a letter from his solicitor stating that as it's so soon since leaving,the only grounds he can divorce on are adultery or my behaviour and that as he feels adultery is not relevant, then he wants to divorce on my behaviour.

I cannot prove he slept with this girl but I have evidence of messages and the fact he was on his way to see this girl when I caught him out.
    we had a loving relationship prior to this. No violence involved apart from a little emotional abuse when he began to make me think I had lost my marbles and I was a psychopath for thinking he was cheating.

He does pay child maintenance at present.
    I cannot currently afford solicitor fees, so my question is what happens next?
    I do not want to divorce based on my behaviour, I've paid the Bill's, been a good wife and mother to our children.
    I do not want to sell the home as at present it is the only bit of stability that our children have, their school is close by and it is close to my place of work.
    I doubt I can mortgage the home on my own and cannot afford to buy him out.
    I am happy to divorce him.
    Tags: None

Demi

I wouldn't overly worry has he left. Whilst in the real long term you will need to deal with the home until the kids are 18+ you stay were you are regardless.

Trev

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X