• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Separation and vehicle damage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Separation and vehicle damage

Hi everyone,

I am new to this form. If i have posted my question in the wrong section please let me know.

Me and my partner have broken up and will be going through a divorce. Prior to the breakup, I had my partner put on a family members vehicle's insurance and the vehicle was damaged at my ex-partners work place whilst parked up. This was reported to the insurance company and workplace. The CCTV footage was accidentally deleted by my ex-partner when trying to save it, so the insurance company was not able to peruse the other party who denied all responsibility. My ex-partner promised to me that if the other party did not pay for the damage that she would pay for it. Since then we have broken up and are not on talking terms.

I have been asked by my family member to put right the damage or pay the insurance excess. Due to my ill health and the break up, I have not been working and they have been very patient, but i still feel responsible.

I have been trying to save money from the benefits I receive to pay for the repair but it feels a little unfair that I should be the only one paying towards the damage. I have also been left to pay all costs towards the house we have and a council tax demand has also arrived today, which does not help.

Considering we will be going through a divorcee, would I be able to claim all or some of the contribution towards the vehicle repair? or should I look at the small claims court?

Thanks for taking the time to read my post. And yes I have learnt my lesson not to do the same again in the future.

Regards

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X