• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Exes homes and new partners

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exes homes and new partners

Hi I'm new to the forum and looking for some advice. Please bare with as this could be lengthy. Apologies in advance.
    my husband and I split in Feb 2018. He moved out of the property and began a relationship very quickly with someone else, after 3 weeks he moved into the flat she lived in and then about a month later they moved into another flat together which is where they still reside.
    I have 2 children, and my ex owns the house that I live in with my two children. We set up a maintenance agreement that he would not pay maintenance directly to me, instead this would cover a portion of the mortgage and I would pay the rest, and this is what I have been doing. Additionally I pay for a bed that we got on finance as I kept the bed. He pays the building insurance. He also took out a loan in the month we seperated against the house to cover credit card debt and he pays that. I stated I would be happy to pay half for it if he would put down in writing that I was entitled to half the profits from the house should it be sold, he refused to do this so consequently I dont pay any of the loan, as I feel that I could be paying this loan and upon the sale of the house it would clear whatever is outstanding and I could potentially not get anything from the house.
    I have lived in this house for 7 years. We have been married for 4 nearly 5 years now. We have the children on a 50/50 basis.
    I am in a relationship with someone else, and have been for the past 10 months. He lives 60 miles away from me and over the duration we have been together we have been travelling to see each other. We recently made the decision that we would like to live together and we made the choice that he would move in with me as neither of us saw the benefit in uprooting my children who are settled in their home, their school and I wouldnt want to interfere with the contact they have with their dad. My partner has secured a job within the area which he is due to start in 2 weeks. I had mentioned to my ex the possibility of my new partner moving in but at that time my partner moving in, however at the time I didn't assume that it would be as soon as it has been as I thought it may take longer for my partner to find work where I live. My children were excited and mentioned it to their dad last weekend, i had a text from him saying the kids had told him my partner and his children were moving into HIS house and the proceeded to tell me he was moving forward with selling the house. I have asked him to serve me notice to leave he said he isn't a landlord so wont do that. I have joined the local authority housing bidding scheme to attempt to get social housing for my partner and myself. Then this evening I had a text message from my ex stating that he wanted to make it crystal clear my partner will not be moving in.
    I asked him why he was so angry about the prospect and he replied saying that he would be paying someone else's rent (as he pays part of the mortgage as maintenance). I proposed that if he felt that way that in future he could transfer maintenance parents direct to move and we would in turn pay him the balance of the mortgage jointly. He refused saying that he was going to seek legal advice and suggested I did the same.
    so ... my question is if I'm paying th mortgage even if part if it is maintenance payments, if I dont have my name on the property can my partner move in?

Thankyou if you made it to the end.

I appreciate any help in the matter

Thankyou
    Tags: None

I think your ex will be in for a surprise when he contacts a solicitor. I believe he will be told that not only should he be paying the mortgage and maintenance for you and the children and you will have the right to stay there with the children of the family.

Comment

what Ostell says.....it'll be some shock!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X