• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. Please register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
  • LegalBeagles® is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ex partner to buy my share of house after putting in my app to enforce order for sale

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ex partner to buy my share of house after putting in my app to enforce order for sale

    Any advice would be truely grateful - I am trying to sell a jointly owned property so I can re house 2 children. My first order for sale was granted in July 2017. My ex won't sell.

    I have recently put in another application to enforce the original order for the sale on my jointly owned property, ex still living there, delaying sale, etc

    I have had my court date adjourned and a notice to await for a further date as my ex partner has put in his own application to buy my share of the property out.

    Why he has waited this long to do so is no surprise as he has never wanted to move, but as I have asked for sole conduct and the house to be reduced every 4 weeks until sold it's given him this
    latest burst of steam to try and regain his control of the situation.

    The trouble is that I am not sure how he is going to fund this and if this is just another one of his tactics to delay the whole situation again.... This means that he will have another 56 days if the judge agrees to allow him to do this but what will happen if he is unable to produce the funds?? Where do I stand with my order which was actually put in first?? Will the judge look at my application and take into consideration that he has defaulted on the mortgage payments already, will they look at his earnings? Will they ask to see proof? (He is that cunning, he could falsify accounts as he has previously done with his account for court last time)

    His company accounts make it look like he is trading at a loss, he gives me child maintenance money equivalent of earnings of £15K a year but lives in an £800,000 house, has a second hand car business and pays over £2K mortgage a month.

    Is there anything I can do to contest this recent application? Get him to prove he can actually buy me out before court. He has never proven that he can buy me out until recently producing a letter from a mortgage broker saying he has been approved. He says this is a buy to let mortgage and that he will have to move out anyway and rent the property.

    Any advice or help on the matter will be extremely grateful. thank you

    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.




Find family law specialists that offer fixed fee services on our sister site
justbeagle logo

Fixed fees for Divorce or Dissolution of your Civil Partnership will vary depending on whether you are the Petitioner (issuing the Divorce Petition) or the Respondent (you received Divorce Petition).

The fixed fees may be available for the whole process or as packaged fees to deal with different stages of the divorce including preparing the divorce petition.
See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

upgrade to vip

Want exclusive access to forums, more privacy and a live chat box? Upgrade to become a bigger part of our community.

only £15/yr

Offers available. No subscription traps.

sign up now

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm