• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Daughter wants to change her Surname

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daughter wants to change her Surname

Hi everyone,
    Long story short, my 13 year old daughter wants to change her Surname to my new husbands name, her father isnt in the picture after we went to court in Oct 2017 after some disturbing news my other daughter brought to light to her school counsellor, needless to say police were involved plus social services for a short period safe guarding my daughter from her father, police also informed us he had been arrested for other offences and was advised to go to court to get parental responsibility for both my daughters, my new husband has also been granted parental responsibility for both my girls too, my ex didn't show up to court on both occasions and an order of no contact directly or indirectly was given to my ex (their father). I have no idea where he is residing now or even if he is in prison for his crimes. There has been no contact since the order was put in place.
    My 13 year old has now decided she wants to change her Surname to my husbands and i note in the order it states
    "Where a child arrangement order is in force and the arrangements regulated by it consists of, or include, arrangements which relate to either or both a) with whom the children concerned shall live and b) when the children shall live with any person, no person may cause the children to be known by a new surname or remove the children from the UK without written consent of every person with parental responsibility for he children or the leave of the court.

Will i need to apply to the court to ask to change her name? I know she can change her name by deed poll at 16 if she so wishes but she is adamant she wants to change her name now.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X