• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Form E Questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form E Questions

We separated in Dec 2016. Decree Nisi in July 2017. No absolute.

Am completing Form E as a litigant in person and need some help, please.

I am employed full time (for the last 15 months starting in Sept 2017, after 6 months out of work following collapse of business.

I am a member of my employers pension scheme and share incentive scheme.

Do I put down membership of the pension scheme in Form E as I joined the scheme after the separation & Decree Nisi ?

Do I put down membership of the share incentive scheme in Form E as I joined the scheme after the separation & Decree Nisi ?

I am expecting a whopper of a Tax bill from HMRC and a whopper of an accountants bill as well...should I put these down as contingent liability ?

Thanks

FJ
    Tags: None

Hi FJ,
    Everything should be included so there is a complete picture. The dates will be significant but also the possible liabilities for tax too. If you can try and establish the likely tax bill you could face that would help, rather than just indicating you're expecting a whopper.
    I am a qualified solicitor and am happy to try and assist informally, where needed.

Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any practical advice I give is without liability. I do not represent people on the forum.

If in doubt you should always seek professional face to face legal advice.

Comment

Tax bill, it could be around £80K - £100K, possibly more. My former wife will face the same amount. This would pretty much wipe out the equity in the property, save around £100K.

My former wife runs her own business currently and I am paying the mortgage on the former home, arrears and child maintenance. Those three total 70% of my monthly income, currently.

Other liabilities include £60K of legal & credit card debt (I have a Debt Management Plan in place).

Its not a pretty picture, I cannot afford a solicitor.

I rather think I will declare bankruptcy once the HMRC bill is known.

How will that effect the divorce outcome ?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X