• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Can wife legally force husband to leave house if he's cheated on her? Help please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can wife legally force husband to leave house if he's cheated on her? Help please

Hello all and thank you for any advice and suggestions you may be able to offer.
    This is a close family situation. Husband has cheated on wife, and wife says she can force him out of the house within 72 hours as she has taken advice and can get an injunction. Husband is not in any way shape or form a threat, I mean wife has no grounds to claim she's intimidated or scared etc. Can she do this? He has nowhere to go and his name is on the mortgage. It has not been an easy marriage, they've been married 5 years, together for 10, and they have a baby now who is not yet one year old, which makes it all so sad. My question, is whether wife is within her rights to force him out of the house. They are now in separate rooms. Thank you.

Also, if they split, which is most likely, does anyone know roughly how much of the house's value he will be entitled to? He's done a lot of work on it, so there will be some equity. He will obviously pay maintenance. Again, thank you

UPDATE. I've found out she can't force him out, but would need grounds, which she doesn't have. And finance question I realise is not really possible to answer, so don't worry. I wrote when in a bit of a panic. Thank you all anyway.
    Last edited by Vitamin33; 21st December 2018, 17:28:PM.
    Tags: None

Your update sounds like it is spot on!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X