• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help against an African Gold digger please.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help against an African Gold digger please.

I just started a divorce against African wife of 6 years. We have a son of 6. I suspected her financial motives after a year of marriage, but have been unable to do anything to change the situation. Particularly during the last 9 months, she has become incredibly evil and seems determined to destroy me. I believe I've always been very decent and fair towards her but her motives are now so transparent that it has made me seriously depressed. I started divorce on 2 yrs separation, her new solicitor just sent letter saying she rejects that and wants 'unreasonable conduct' and asks for full financial disclosure. Seems she has taken over the proceedings … if I accept that and respond … but I don't want to.
    Point two is that I have two elder children and had put a lot of money aside for them, as their inheritance from their late Mum. My late wife and I agreed that we'd do this before she died suddenly. Current wife has always complained about 'the inheritance' but I never told her how much was involved. I bought a house for my son with his part (about 4/5 years ago) but my wife is now likely to claim half or more and also half the money put aside for my daughter. I am naturally furious about this and want to find a way to stop it, or at least mitigate their losses. I never considered this money was mine, it was always for them.
    Final point is … I'm almost 72, she is 28 and an obvious golddigger (I missed that !) She has never contributed anything financially and I had a fair lump which she had to know about when applying for visas etc. Surely, some decent allowance should be made for me at my age and it was all my money after all. Advice would be most welcome. Thank you for taking the time to read this.
    Tags: None

Been not a lot of response

First of all list all the property that you had BEFORE the marriage. Apart from her right to maintenance for herself and her son she would have to show what right she would have to money that was obtained before the marriage, especially as she has not contributed to the post and cannot state that she has put input in to help your career and thereby increase your income.

My ex wife tried this, going for the house that I had bought and paid for previous to our marriage. The judge was having none of it.

Comment

Understood Ostell, thank you. I'm thinking I really need to find a way to PROVE what a golddigger she is. I had everything before marriage, she had nothing, but knew my financial position. She has never contributed anything financially, not one penny. What is best way to 'win' in front of judge ?

Comment

Hi. Is this matter before the courts, or you require an advice as to how to disclose your finances on Form E?
        Although I am a family lawyer, any advice given on this forum should be taken as guidance only and should not be applied to your specific circumstances. If you are uncertain as to your legal rights, I recommend that you seek independent legal advice from a lawyer local to you. Do not forget to update us on your case. Good luck

I work in Coventry on Mondays and Thursdays and Stevenage on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays.

Comment

Hello Sandraf. Thank you for the response. Haven't got that far yet. I was seeking advice before that stage, so I haven't heard of Form E. I had no intention of hiding any financial matters anyway. What I really need, is advice on how to get fair treatment from a judge (re her blatant gold digging) when it does go to court. I have discussed using a barrister with my solicitor, assuming the barrister (one selected but not retained yet) will have more 'weight'. Hope I'm right !

Comment

Yes this is correct. I will advice that you follow your solicitors' advice. Good luck
            Although I am a family lawyer, any advice given on this forum should be taken as guidance only and should not be applied to your specific circumstances. If you are uncertain as to your legal rights, I recommend that you seek independent legal advice from a lawyer local to you. Do not forget to update us on your case. Good luck

I work in Coventry on Mondays and Thursdays and Stevenage on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X