• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. Please register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
  • LegalBeagles® is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court order breach

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Court order breach

    Hi all, looking for some advise. My husband was took to court by his ex in reference to changing their daughters name into her partners. It was granted because cafcass wouldnt help us nor could we afford legal help. Now, we brought up that hubby wanted contact with his daughter and they agreed to him writing to her on her birthday and at Christmas. We argued that this wasnt enough so it was ordered that he could write monthly and call once a fortnight. The order was set in place but his ex hasnt stuck to it. It was ordered that she comply if the girl wanted to see her dad, which she has but the mother hasnt allowed this to happen. She constantly changes the call time, which my hubby never argues about but the last 2 times hes called, the phone is off. We attempted to facebook message her but she has blocked us both. His scheduled call tonight was at 6 and the phone is still off. What can we do??? We really cant afford to get a solicitor. Ive said we should mail both her solicitor and the court as it states shes breaking the law by not complying. Any help will be greatly recieved. Thank you kindly.
    Tags: None

  • #2
    Re: Court order breach

    I'm afraid I think legal action is your root of action.

    I'll ask [MENTION=85500]Peridot[/MENTION] to take a look as I think they might be a little bit more legalese in this situation(they know a bit more of the legal steps is what i mean ).
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)


    • #3
      Re: Court order breach

      Thank u kindly.


      • #4
        Re: Court order breach

        Are we allowed to email the court about this??? Or maybe her solicitor???


        • #5
          Re: Court order breach

          Anyone?????? 😀


          • #6
            Re: Court order breach

            Sorry family law isnt my area, however [MENTION=85489]FionaC[/MENTION] may be able to assist with this enquiry or in the alternative [MENTION=85500]Peridot[/MENTION]
            I work for Wannops LLP . I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

            If you need to contact me please email me on Ptilley@wannops.com . My firms initial advice is always free.

            I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

            You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.


            • #7
              Re: Court order breach

              Hi there,

              If you formally have a court order then it can be enforced or varied. I suggest your partner formally writes to her solicitor. They may not be instructed still but should inform you of this or pass the letter on.

              If this doesn't move matters forward you can make an application to the court and she will need to show why she hasn't complied with the order. The application form is C73 and can be found at HMCTS website.

              I hope this is of help.

              kind regards
              I work for Howlett Clarke Solicitors . Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability. If you are unsure please seek formal legal guidance.


              View our Terms and Conditions

              LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

              If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

              If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.




              Find family law specialists that offer fixed fee services on our sister site
              justbeagle logo

              Fixed fees for Divorce or Dissolution of your Civil Partnership will vary depending on whether you are the Petitioner (issuing the Divorce Petition) or the Respondent (you received Divorce Petition).

              The fixed fees may be available for the whole process or as packaged fees to deal with different stages of the divorce including preparing the divorce petition.
              See more
              See less

              Court Claim ?

              Guides and Letters

              upgrade to vip

              Want exclusive access to forums, more privacy and a live chat box? Upgrade to become a bigger part of our community.

              only £15/yr

              Offers available. No subscription traps.

              sign up now

              Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

              Find a Law Firm