• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

First Family Court hearing, advice needed UK

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Family Court hearing, advice needed UK

I have my first court hearing at the end of the month in regards to seeing my daughter who my ex partner has stopped me from seeing. I'll tell you from the beginning what exactly happened last year and if you could advise me ways to approach this in court it would be very much appreciated.

Last year, me and my daughters mother broke up and I met someone else. This didn't work out so me and my daughters mother decided to give our relationship another go. During our time together of trying to get our relationship restarted, I found a shopping list by written by one of her male friends. Very suspect in my opinion, it mentions - Chilled and Ambient, Seafront. My daughters name was mentioned in this note alongside the word Boob. I went mad and had a conversation about it with my daughters mother and she said that she would ask him what the note meant and why it mentioned my daughter, my daughter's mother was shocked at the contents in the note and was crying. The next day she asked the person who wrote the note why he had wrote it, but he simply claimed that it was him who wrote it but he didn't know why! My daughters mother promised me that she wouldn't let my daughter around him so I left it at that.
    During this time, I was having a mental breakdown and was drinking and self-harming regulary and was under the local mental health team.
    She went through my phone one day shortly afterwards and saw that I was still texting my ex partner trying to work things out. She obviously wasn't happy.
    The next day we had an argument where she punched me twice in the face, and I had to restrain her. She left my house and made an accusation to the police that I grabbed her and strangled her. This wasn't the case, as I said I just restrained her by holding her down on the sofa by the tops of her arms. I was arrested on suspicion of assault but when I was interviewed by police they let me go without charge.
    My ex partner then filed a non-molestation order against me.
    I did break this non-molestation order by messaging my daughters mother to try and get contact with my daughter, she went to the police again to say that I was contacting her and I was arrested and taken to court for breach of that order and I was served with a restraining order.
    She then started a relationship with the same person who wrote that dodgy note. Obviously I was not happy, I emailed social services with my concerns and they said they would look into it but found no incriminating evidence against him, which i found to be very bizarre. I wasn't happy with this so I started texting him and again he went to the police and I was before the judge again at court and was issued with another restraining order to stop contacting him.
    I have now been with my current partner just under a year now and she is heavily pregnant. I do not drink anymore, neither am I self harming, I have since march withdrawn from the local mental health service as there service is no longer needed.
    Could anyone advise me on the way to approach this, has I won't be using a solicitor because I'm on a low income.
    Many thanks in advanced

DesperateFather
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X