• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

How do I find out if my ex has taken a secured loan out against the house

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I find out if my ex has taken a secured loan out against the house

Hi all,

Not to sure if this is the right forum but you help will me more than grateful. My soon to be ex wife has said in previous conversations that she has taken out a secured loan against the house. She has since back tracked and now is denying saying it. The issue is she never put my name on the mortgage or the deeds but I know I still have some legal rights towards the property.

How do I find out if she has taken a loan out against the house without my agreement and if so where do I stand legally

Thank you for any input
    Tags: None

Re: How do I find out if my ex has taken a secured loan out against the house

Originally posted by Katiejhiggins View Post
    Hi all,

Not to sure if this is the right forum but you help will me more than grateful. My soon to be ex wife has said in previous conversations that she has taken out a secured loan against the house. She has since back tracked and now is denying saying it. The issue is she never put my name on the mortgage or the deeds but I know I still have some legal rights towards the property.

How do I find out if she has taken a loan out against the house without my agreement and if so where do I stand legally

Thank you for any input
    HI

If the loan is secured on the proerty therewill be a charge registered against the title deeds, you can do an onle search here https://www.gov.uk/search-property-i...-land-registry

CostsŁ3

Comment

Sorry missed the second part of your question, if they have taken out a second charge on your property without your knowledge it would have meant forging your signature on several documents, so I am afraid it is a job for the boys in blue, fraud.

Comment

What legal rights do you think you have and why?
        You will only have a beneficial interest in the property if you can prove that there was a common intention that you should have such an interest and that you relied on that common intention
        A constructive trust may have arisen if
        you have made a direct contribution to the mortgage repayments or possibly an arrangement where you have paid more than your fair share of the other bills which therefore allowed your wife to pay all of the mortgage, as evidence from which a court could infer a common intention.

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
          What legal rights do you think you have and why?
          You will only have a beneficial interest in the property if you can prove that there was a common intention that you should have such an interest and that you relied on that common intention
          A constructive trust may have arisen if
          you have made a direct contribution to the mortgage repayments or possibly an arrangement where you have paid more than your fair share of the other bills which therefore allowed your wife to pay all of the mortgage, as evidence from which a court could infer a common intention.
          I presume that both names will be on the first mortgage they will have equal share of title ?

Both signatures would be required before any subsequent charge could be registered.

Comment

As the Op stated one of the problems was that her wife never named her on the mortgage or deeds so legally the wife could do what she wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by meellis View Post
              As the Op stated one of the problems was that her wife never named her on the mortgage or deeds so legally the wife could do what she wanted.
              Oh , i thought she meant that the other party had not put her name on the second mortgage.

Comment

Oh in that case the mortgagor would have a perfect right to second mortgage without consulting the other party,

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X