• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hello everyone!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everyone!

Hope someone can shed some light or direction on this question.

i separated legally after 23 years of marriage, my estranged husband was having an affair after a very volatile relationship. I put my life savings down on a property with the position of 50/50 settlement of property and pensions. It didn't go to plan and I was forced to accept a lower amount relinquishing my rights to anything. Well 12 years have gone by with no divorce and my middle daughter this year reported my ex for historic abuse case, unfortunately after this turmoil she didn't get the result that she needed and all she wanted was her step-father to apologise and divorce.
    I received a letter the other day from his solicitors explaining he was filing for a divorce but I needed to sign transfer of an endowment that had matured 2012 and that he'd already received his 50% share. Mine has been waiting for me to claim though I had no knowledge that it still existed as my ex was and still is a slippery fella. I've learnt by speaking to the insurance company that I can claim my share. Should I do this?
    Tags: None

Re: Hello everyone!

Hello Linny and to Leagle Beagles.

My instant reaction is that if your ex-husband's solicitor is asking you to do something then you should definitely NOT do it whatever it is! He's acting for your ex and not in your best interests. No way.

You will need to take legal advice from a qualified solicitor sooner rather than later but it may help to let us go over some things with you first so you can start to work out what you want not what your ex wants.

I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter's experience. My heart goes out to you both :grouphug:

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
      Hello Linny and to Leagle Beagles.

My instant reaction is that if your ex-husband's solicitor is asking you to do something then you should definitely NOT do it whatever it is! He's acting for your ex and not in your best interests. No way.

You will need to take legal advice from a qualified solicitor sooner rather than later but it may help to let us go over some things with you first so you can start to work out what you want not what your ex wants.

I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter's experience. My heart goes out to you both :grouphug:
      So young & yet so cynical, lol

But 100% agree; a second expert opinion is a definite here!
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thank you and hello,
        I'm would rather sign it to charity than sign it away, but as the house was sold after both of us moved out.
        would I be committing anything if they send my share? ? I very big worrier.:tinysmile_hmm_t2:

Comment

Originally posted by Linny02 View Post
          I'm would rather sign it to charity than sign it away, but as the house was sold after both of us moved out.
          would I be committing anything if they send my share?
          I would rather burn my house down than give half of it to my ex-husband :flame:

I'm going to ask the Boss to move this thread to our Family Law section where you will hopefully get posts from members who have been through divorce and will have plenty of thoughts to share with you

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
            I would rather burn my house down than give half of it to my ex-husband :flame:

I'm going to ask the Boss to move this thread to our Family Law section where you will hopefully get posts from members who have been through divorce and will have plenty of thoughts to share with you

Thank you

Comment

I guess you can get your share besides it's yours. I am sorry for your daughter. I hope everything goes well on you and your daughter.

Comment

Welcome to forum, Here you can find solution of many problem. Stay connect and enjoy the discussion.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X