• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Where does English law stand for contact/visitation of half siblings?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Where does English law stand for contact/visitation of half siblings?

I think the issue of adoption is one in which the Children's Act 1989 and the Adoption and Children's Act 2002 collide. There is an inherent right of a child to a right to family life under the Human Rights Act yet this is effectively stopped because what the Adoption and Children's Act 2002 does is to convert the mother who gave birth to the child into merely and object of birth. You carried the child, your DNA is within the child yet the Adoption and Children's Act 2002 effectively strips you of all of that and make the birth mother into a mere object. Any half siblings are effectively swept away and the child will be told that they cannot see the child any longer.

The best interest of the child may well fail the siblings or half siblings of the child that the law apparently seeks to protect.
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

the thing is, i'm hearing a lot about 'rights', but they aren't actually rights (as George Carlin, eloquently put it, we have privileges); they are denied almost automatically, and then nothing is done to reinforce them once they've been stolen. i feel nothing but frustration, as the children are treated like objects, non-hostile parents are treated with suspicion and hostility for simply wanting to take care of their children, and half-siblings (such as myself) are treated with what i can only describe as contempt by the legal system, when we are the ones who have been wronged (both civilly and by hostile parents). it's disgusting and unethical.

this entire situation has definitely taught me to stay away from a career in law, and perhaps even warn others away from it - there's no justice there, whatsoever; at the end of the day, it's a business - a money making scheme that thrives off of misery. our legal team have done nothing to pursue the fact that the mother has committed child abduction, perjury, has broken numerous court orders and has ignored the courts requests of going to court; they haven't pushed for the case to be moved back to the children's original place of origin, as it should be and they haven't (to my knowledge) applied the human 'rights' act, nor have they correctly applied the children act, which claims to enforce non-hostile parents 'rights' (then again, i'm glad they haven't; as this would have caused even more delays and adjournments, on top of the ridiculous amounts that have already been inflicted,and i'd be even more behind than i already am, which isn't very far, but still...). The courts have been dragging their feet and causing delays, as well as being happy to let the mother do this (seemingly, because if the case is resolved they will no longer be paid). i find it totally unethical and degrading.

If there are any solicitors/barristers on this site, i'd love to hear a justification for their greed and ability to impersonally ruin lives and rip apart families (i hope this doesn't sound like i'm being a drama queen - but it the God's honest truth - there is literally no other way i that i can say it without lying - and i'm not a lawyer, so i don't want to bullshit anyone reading this; it's simply my experience)

rant over (apologies) ...

i know a lot of people have answered my questions as best they could (thanks again);i have two more, if anyone can help.
      - Can anyone explain to me the application of psychiatric assessments within child custody cases? (could we refuse one/request one for the other party?)
      - also; a child act from the 1910's (i forget the name) states that neglect is a crime...by denying a parent the right to see (feed, clothe and house their children), is the civil court not causing them to commit this offence.

thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Comment

A bit harsh your attack on ALL the legal profession as in al walks of life there are some who care and some just in it for the money,
        its like saying one type of person is the same as the next,
        your problems that you have outlined here are no doubt brought about by someone who cares little for others in her family to solve the problem wiil be a difficult job you may need the legal help you so easily demean,by the way i have no connection with the legal industry

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
          A bit harsh your attack on ALL the legal profession as in al walks of life there are some who care and some just in it for the money,
          your problems that you have outlined here are no doubt brought about by someone who cares little for others in her family to solve the problem wiil be a difficult job you may need the legal help you so easily demean,by the way i have no connection with the legal industry
          I have to say that when you personally get involved in family law issues and have first hand experience of the legal process then you come to the viewpoint that sunday girl comes to. If you want to know what Ian Josephs thinks of Legal Aid solicitors then his viewpoint is that they are a bunch of professional losers who are in it for the money. They rake in money and lose cases. Personally, I understand what Sunday Girl is saying and she is referring to family law solicitors specifically as there are very few good ones about that are on offer on Legal Aid. If you paid for the service then maybe they would be better and more dedicated due that very fact. I have very little faith in Family Law solicitors.

In terms of the questions asked....I think the following link might help: http://www.actionforchildren.org.uk/...ase-for-change

You can request one from an expert of your choice rather than simply the oppositions recommendation in terms of pyschological assessments. That does mean that your professional loser of a solicitor has one in mind

Comment

Wales01man - i'm at the end of my rope. i hope for your sake you never have to experience what i have at the hands of legal system (the lack of empathy in your post suggests to me that you haven't; but i could be wrong - maybe your experiences differ to mine...)
            ^i'm not stupid enough to assume that every single person connected to the legal system is greedy and unscrupulous, but the ones i have dealt with seem to be; the destruction of my family has been nothing but a paycheck for them. Meanwhile - over the course of three years - NOTHING at all has been resolved or achieved. do you see where i'm coming from? perhaps if you read my earlier posts and actually listen to my full story (and not just a frustrated post), you'll be able to understand my frustration.
            I do not "easily demean" the legal system. I have been met with legal deadlock for three years, inflicted by the legal system, which demeans my siblings, my father and I, easily. The legal "help" i have received has done nothing, but add to the delays and the pain. This whole situation has been anything but easy.

^ I'm not attacking you; i'm just trying to explain myself - this is the best i can do without sugar coating it.

Leclerc,thanks for understanding,and for your advice. i will check out Ian Jospehs.

Comment

I accept your not attacking me for my opinion i would be the first to hope you can get this sorted my family is the most important thing in my life i would die for them,i have used the legal proffession a few times with excellent results i know full well that others like you have bad experiences and fully understand your frustrations,my point in the previous post that not everone in a proffesion religious group Etc can be tarred with the same brush maybe the answers for you is to bypass the system and somehow get to see your half siblings

Comment

I accept your not attacking me for my opinion i would be the first to hope you can get this sorted my family is the most important thing in my life i would die for them,i have used the legal proffession a few times with excellent results i know full well that others like you have bad experiences and fully understand your frustrations,my point in the previous post that not everone in a proffesion religious group Etc can be tarred with the same brush maybe the answers for you is to bypass the system and somehow get to see your half siblings

As stated above, the brush is tarred because of the experiences that you go through and I personally completely understand the post based on the experience of the system today...... the costs so far in regards to my own family including reports, legal fees, fostering fees are well over the £400,000 and my viewpoint, which is slightly off topic, is that that money that is being wasted imho on protecting children could be used to help families remain together rather than not just the pain of the process, but the pain inflicted in years to come on the child who will have to await until majority to see their own birth parents/siblings. In adoption, the parent can be prosecuted and have been simply for having any contact with their own child. Only recently has the Lord Chief Justice stated that any contempt of court proceedings have to be held in open court rather than closed court.

For SundayGirl: his site is www.forcedadoption.com

Comment

thanks for the responses. the cost is extortion - plain and simple; especially now legal aid has been cut. the money to be made from family law proceedings is valued more than actual results; i could take high costs if it meant that ANYTHING is achieved.

wales 01 - thanks for understanding. it's hard for me to not tar them all; it's all I've seen. I've yet to hear about someone in my position who receives a just response. i'm glad that you were successful.

leclerc - i understand. it seems pathetic that the lord chief justice is just considering that contempt of court should be dealt with by family courts in an appropriate manner. at the moment those who perpetrate implacable hostility are virtually legally untouchable.

Comment

Originally posted by sundaygirl View Post
                    thanks for the responses. the cost is extortion - plain and simple; especially now legal aid has been cut. the money to be made from family law proceedings is valued more than actual results; i could take high costs if it meant that ANYTHING is achieved.

wales 01 - thanks for understanding. it's hard for me to not tar them all; it's all I've seen. I've yet to hear about someone in my position who receives a just response. i'm glad that you were successful.

leclerc - i understand. it seems pathetic that the lord chief justice is just considering that contempt of court should be dealt with by family courts in an appropriate manner. at the moment those who perpetrate implacable hostility are virtually legally untouchable.

I completely agree with you and when parents state that social workers are lying judges look at the parents as though they are bad parents.
                    My sister did a parental assessment at a unit with an 80% failure rate. 80%?? If it was a school then they would be sending in a A Team to turn it around and improve it. Unfortunately, they do not give a toss.

Comment

Hi i've updated this post as i needed to add more to.

Firstly, are there any standards of practice (preferably formal and laid out by the British Psychological Society or a reasonable alternative which must be adhered to before a psychological assessment is made for legal purposes in a custody case?

Secondly, can anybody explain to me the basics of family law, and its foundation principles?

Also, is it possible to formally question legal proceedings (why hasn't perjury been taken seriously; why has the precedence of Re D and the other cases i mentioned not been applied to this particular case, why has the fact the case been moved up to the place where the children were kidnapped to and why has the mother not been charged with parental abduction?) and get a straight answer? how would i go about this?

Also, does anybody have information concerning McKenzie's friends/advisers, self-representation and amicus curiae in application to family law?

also, does anybody know of any support networks for people who cannot see their siblings as a result of custody battles/implacable hostility/parental alienation?

Thank you kindly for any help you can give.
                      Last edited by sundaygirl; 9th July 2013, 18:26:PM. Reason: changing the postt

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X