• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

father rights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• father rights

about a year ago me and my partner spilt up i have a new girlfriend who is now pregnant now my ex will not let me see my daughter be course i buy my daughter things while shopping with my current girlfriend surely that shouldn't matter as long as i am providing for her i also pay csa money every month which comes out my wages i have given the thought of going court for full custody but feel i will lose can you help
    Tags: None

Re: father rights

How old is your daughter?

What are the current residency arrangements?

Were you married to daughters mum and did you register her birth together?
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

she is nearly 2 and we lived together but i moved out to stop any tension n yes we did

Comment

Ok and up until the recent cessation of contact, how often had you been seeing your daughter?

How long did that arrangement last for?
        "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

when ever she allowed me to couple days a week

Comment

Ok, well the good news is that fathers rights have improved in recent times. BUT, you will need to put in a lot of work to get regular access to your daughter. The longer you leave things as they are, the harder it will be to reverse.

My first recommendation is to write up a 'history' of your access to your daughter. This is to demonstrate that you have had regular contact previously. A diary style would be ideal, especially if you can remember any definite dates/events. e.g. days out/visits to relatives/birthdays/christmas etc.

You will already know that Family law is very expensive but it is possible to make an application to the Family Court yourself.

I would strongly recommend that you join www.fnf.org.uk Families Need Fathers (not the spiderman lot) They offer discounted/free legal advice with a local solicitor/local support groups and online legal advice too.

To succeed in your case, you will need to show that you offer a safe, stable and loving home.

Also, you MUST not demonstrate any animosity to the mum in your dealings with the Court/CafCASS.

Even though it is clearly the presence of your new girlfriend and her pregnancy that has triggered this issue, things had previously been amicable enough to allow you regular access to your daughter. If there is anything you can do by 'being the bigger person' to repair this split, you will make the process ahead much easier.

Good luck

Comment

Absolute agreement to all of the above. In addition - please don't "go for" custody or indeed oppose it. The best thing for your daughter (as you are clearly both loving parents) would be an open arrangement with you both putting your daughter's needs first (Cafcass will support). Easily said, I know, but it can be done and you do both want it, whatever the problems in your own relationship.

Comment

Sounds like you are going through exactly the same as what I am. I have just managed to get my first hearing date and am self representing.

Providing you are named on the birth certificate or were married you have parental responsibility to your daughter. This entitles you to a 50% say in your daughters upbringing.

You first port of call is to ascertain whether you are entitled to legal aid. Secondly, you can't really think about a court contact order application until you have attempted mediation. Google your local mediators and make an appointment. Once you attend they will arrange a letter to be sent to your ex inviting her to try mediation and reinstate contact to your daughter and keep it away from court. Your ex will have 2 weeks to respond. However, it is not compulsory that she responds and can refuse mediation. At this point it's back to the mediators and apply for your legal aid and get your fm1 form from them (or pay £60 for it if your not entitled). This will be your supporting evidence when you make your court application with a c100 form and will work in your defence.

keep a diary of everything you do for your daughter ie if you still send gifts etc. even keep receipts. Although they are not evidence they will assist in proving your regular input to your daughter should your ex dispute it.

dont panic though you have every right to have contact with your daughter. It won't be easy and is a long process but it'll be worth it.

If I am wrong in any of this can someone correct me please.

James

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X