• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

bad safeguarding report

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bad safeguarding report

my ex has applied for contact his safeguarding report came back not so good....the police told caffcass they have concerns of domestic violence offensive weapons abusive controlling behaviour....passed out due to alcohol has been reported missing also hes never made any effort for my son not gone to scans or even come to sign his birth certificate ive tried for my sons sake to be civil but had excuses and hes also lied to his solicitor before christmas saying i had agreed to his parents supervising contact....i really still think the judge would grant him supervised contact...when i went in court every1 seemed against me and made it clear caffcass did that i knew a father had the right to see his child...my sons 1st xmas he bought him nothing and his birthday too hes offered me a measly 5 pounds a week for maintenance and when i said to my solicitor i cant pay for travel costs if he wants to see him she said i cant argue the toss on it and my view is if he wants to see him why should i be out of pocket and he takes money off me and my children!!!! can someone please reply to my post im scared and worried x
    Tags: None

Re: bad safeguarding report

What an awful situation for you both, but more importantly for your son.

Hopefully someone will be able to advise you soon enough and put your mind at ease.

For what it's worth if your ex cannot afford the travel costs then tough for him. It is NOT your responsibility.

Stories like this bug the life out of me, having been an absentee parent desperate to see his child, and having everything in the book thrown at me to make things difficult.

Best regards, and good luck.

Comment

What you have said is typical of the inherent failings of the Family Court system. It appears that the police have concerns about your safety and your son's safety, have voiced them and, largely, been ignored. Caffcass can be total numpties and this case proves just how unbelievably reckless and incompetent they can be.

If any concerns remain, would the police be willing to go back to court with you? Also, what are Social Services doing? I cannot believe your solicitor came out with what she did. She should be reported to the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA).
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

My advice?...get a better solicitor and talk to Cafcass again.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X