• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

What can a father do?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What can a father do?

Cameo - you need no excuse. If the situation is as you say you have absolutely every right and an absolute duty to protect your child, above all. Reread the posts in response to your original question above, please.

Comment

Cameo, you have been given sound advice and suggestions here, you have to do what's best for your child, her safety and well-being comes first. I don't know how you can even consider the idea of overnight stays with her father while she's still a breastfed baby, that implies in the very near future and people like him won't just change overnight! If he's been like that for years, what are the chances of him cleaning himself up enough to be trusted with a baby anytime soon? I'd say virtually nil!

Substance dependence is extremely hard to beat, it's not impossible, but requires a lot of determination and self-discipline, and the chances of re-incidence are very high. Almost every addict has, at some point, 'cleaned themselves up', but not for long. You'd need to be sure he's able to stay off drink and drugs for a long time before you can trust him with your daughter.

Comment

The guy sounds so like me.
        Excess baggage,unload him now befor he ruins the rest of your life.

Lifes to short to carry these guys around,they never change and by the time they do your best years will have passed you by.
        6 second abs,3 up,3 down Get the perfect abs..

Comment

I didn't realise we were talking about a babe in arms,,how have you managed to assess his parenting skills already?And worrying about overnight stays at this stage is pointless,,of course you can't let her stay away from you at this stage,breastfed or not,,she's not old enough for you to even be considering it as an option.
          i would hope she would be an awful lot older before you worry about his 'overnight' access.
          Getting clean from drink and drugs takes a lot of time..your daughter might be school age before (and if) that happens.
          You know what he's like,we don't..but going on what you have said here I can't see any judge allowing him unsupervised access.
          Your job is to protect your child,,not to worry about him and his habits and what may or may not happen.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X