• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

will He get access ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will He get access ?

Hello, I need advive, my daughters father has not seen her in over 2 years he walked out of our lifes, now av gotten a solicitors letter, but in that time he hasn't benn around he had been stabbed twice, been in a metal hospital, locked up for loads of different offeces, asault including, sold drugs & taking them, opping him because am nasty its because of my childs saftey, he also has death threts, where he lives is protacted buy the police, & his other family member carnt go as vilant histroy with the family, do you think he will get access ? Am scared as don't want my daughter getting braught up around any of that x
    Tags: None

Re: will He get access ?

Hiya and to LegalBeagles......firstly,,please don't panic ( easy for me to say I know but..)
    Have you got a Social Worker/Health Visitor/Family Worker? If so,,contact one of them first thing tomorrow morning. Also,try and get an appointment with a solicitor.
    Have you got a close family member or best friend who can be with you when you see these people,moral support?
    If he and his lifestyle are that chaotic I don't see why anyone would even dream of letting him near your child.
    Sit tight hun,,there are people on here far more experienced than me on the legalities of this,they will steer you in the right direction xx

Comment

Originally posted by racheal View Post
      Hello, I need advive, my daughters father has not seen her in over 2 years he walked out of our lifes, now av gotten a solicitors letter, but in that time he hasn't benn around he had been stabbed twice, been in a metal hospital, locked up for loads of different offeces, asault including, sold drugs & taking them, opping him because am nasty its because of my childs saftey, he also has death threts, where he lives is protacted buy the police, & his other family member carnt go as vilant histroy with the family, do you think he will get access ? Am scared as don't want my daughter getting braught up around any of that x
      I can't say don't panic because I used to wet myself everytime I got a letter from a solicitor which implied I could lose my daughter. But it's only a letter and not a court order. So post up some background to this situation and then we will be more able to help you take it to the next level

Are there any previous court orders for residence and/or contact? How old is your daughter? And most importantly what exactly is the solicitor seeking for his client?

This may be a good opportunity for you to ask that solicitor for financial support for your daughter if you don't already have that sorted. That minor detail (lack of financial responsibility) often makes fickle fathers who haven't been in touch with their kids for two years focus.

I'm no stranger to this situation but the only advice I would give is don't tell your daughter about this mess unless you think it's absolutely necessary. It's not her fault. Bless :hug:

Comment

Hey there,
        i have been scared myself, very scared.
        As Plan-B said, let us know what the letter says, then we can start to do things.
        Under no circumstances let this man make you feel like a bad mam. I am normally 100% against stopping a man seeing his kids, but in this circumstance you are doing what's best for you bbaby try not to get scared mam, you are doing just fine!!

Comment

Originally posted by racheal View Post
          If you have a solicitors letter then you need to get yourself a solicitor. Most will work on Legal Aid should you qualify. From the looks of things it looks that as a minimum you would want him to have supervised contect at a children's centre(best that it is done locally). Furthermore, you need assurances that the violence and drugs that you are aware of are not part of his life currently. Is he contributing maintenance at the moment?(although that can never be used as a weapon against him). Some solicitors may perhaps suggest that if he remains violent and a threat that either they can get a permanent order to remove him completely out of your life, ie such as terminating parental authority(if his name is on the birth certificate than he gets it automatically).
          "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
          (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Father will only have PR automatically by being named on birth certificate if child was born after 1 December 2003 as that ammendment was introduced by the 2002 Adoption and Children Act. Legal aid is also now very difficult to get in private law proceedings where the emphasis is on mediation.
            If he has no PR then he can do nothing against your wishes without a court order so the forum needs to know what is being requested in the letter in order to help you. Whether he takes the matter to court or not you need to be insisting on drug testing before any unsupervised contact can be considered and in any event there would need to be some work done with your daughter if she not seen him for two years - you could also. suggest indirect contact initially ie letters cards etc - see if he is committed first .finally, if he does have PR and there are no other orders consider getting a residence order yourself since this will have the effect of overriding his PR for day to day stuff and if he were difficult about bringing her home after contact or if he snatched her, the police would have to then act to return her to you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X