• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Care Agency recommendation for residence order

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Care Agency recommendation for residence order

Hi and good evening to everybody!

I'm in family court in a "British Overseas Territory" and trying to get a residence order for my 5 year old son who has been diagnosed to be on the autistic spectrum. His mother is denying his condition and seems to have psychological problems. The Care Agency has recommended to the court that it makes a residence order in my favour. What are the chances that the judge will follow that recommendation? My son is currently living with his mother.

I'm not English and have no experience with the English court system and laws. The final hearing is next month and has been scheduled for 4 days, incl. half a day reading time.

Thanks

KJF
    Tags: None

Re: Care Agency recommendation for residence order

If the Care Agency is acting similar to what we call a Guardian At litigem ie that they are effectively agreeing with the care order then that should be taken by the court as a strong document indeed. I would add that accepting that your child is Autistic is quite hard to cope with and that looking after a child on the Autistic Spectrum can be hard.
    Can I ask if there is good support in the British Overseas Territory for children with ASD?
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Thanks for the reply! As far as I know, the Care Agency here is doing what in the UK the Cafcass would be doing. The court had asked them for a report and recommendation about the residence order.

And yes, there is very good support here for children with ASD. My son has started going to a special school and is making good progress. We are also very lucky, it is a very light form of ASD.

Comment

Hi and welcome.

I will come back to this later if that's ok.

Comment

Yes, please, any advise or opinion is greatly apreciated.

Happy Christmas!

Comment

Hi there

So sorry for the delay (xmas and that) lol.

First of all I do also have a son who is almost 18 years old, he has a form of autism, mainly high functioning, and there is some help out there, I am not sure where you actually reside, but I live in Wales (UK) and my son has key workers, and is under a Community Paediatrician. I also have help and advice from a company called MENCAP if required, that write letters of support and so on.

Maybe you will have similar organisations where you are - who may also be able to give advice on this one.

Are you in the UK? maybe I can try to find some organisations for you, who may be able to support you with this issue.

Comment

HI, my son is only 5 years old and goes to a very good special school for now. He is in really good hands there. As the court date is getting closer, I'm getting a bit nervous about that though. I just hope that I get custody.

Comment

From my now historic experience with Cafcass Orders, the Court follows them in + 90% of cases. Good Luck
                "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Physicians are responsibility limited to talk about issues with public solutions and the help is in Working Together to Protect Kids. Any 50 percent reasonable NHS Believe in has a kid security cause as the Kids Act places a responsibility on them and Regional Regulators to offer someone who is contactable and many have good liaison with accessibility and consumption groups.
                  Do we really need more documentation informing us to connect with other experts?

Comment

The hearing was last week, judgment was given on Monday. The judge insisted on a shared residence order, BUT he reversed the regime. This means that our son now lives with me and his mother now has the contact arrangements that I used to have. I do not care how it is called, most important is that our son can live with me. The judge made it very clear to her that she needs to get help and change.

Thanks to everybody for the support!

KJF

Comment

That sounds like the best news for you, your son and all the family! Congratulations to you all and very good wishes for the future.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X