• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Child maintenance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child maintenance

Hello there

I wonder if anyone can help, So I separated from my ex about a year ago, it was all amicable in the sense that it was purely we drifted apart and fell out of love.

We own a house together and have 2 children, To make the separation easier on the kids we kept the house on but I moved in with family.

We have a slightly strange setup where my ex works part time so I spend part of my time with Family and the other part in the house with my children and my ex is also there during that time, We own a 5 bedroom house arranged over 3 floors so I have the entirety of the the top floor to myself.

We were able to get a very good fixed rat when it was purchased and my ex has been very awkward when conversations come up about putting it on the market, Usually it comes down to her trying to use the children as an excuse.

My issue is that to help out I have been paying child maintenance in cash every month as she is getting a reduced rate from the council and the money being paid in would affect that, However after a chat with a friend that was quite concerned by this arrangement I am now concerned that I don't have any proof that the money I take out actually goes to her and is what we agreed.

Also as she works part time i was also raised by someone that she would be entitled to 70% to my 30% of the property, This again is often a point of tension as my ex often complains that I would be in a better position if we split the equity etc 50/50.

I would prefer not to cause massive issues so that it doesn't come back to bite me but equally I want to cover my interests.

Thanks

Dave

Tags: None

Maybe have a notebook in which you write down the payments made and she signs to confirm receipt. A bit like an old fashioned rent book.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read the Judiciary's handbook for litigants in person: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X