• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lacking proactive and holistic support:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lacking proactive and holistic support:

How do I go about finding a solicitor who takes a proactive and holistic approach to both TOLATA and Domestic Abuse matters? I find it hard to make contact with ones who want to go beyond box ticking. What's the best way to verify work ethics?
    Thanks for any help anyone can offer.
    Tags: None

Hi SHADOWKICK

Welcome to LB

Lets start with ethics, solicitors has a Code of Conduct that they have to abide by, failure to do that, they can be censured.

https://www.sra.org.uk/solicitors/st...ct-solicitors/

You've got JUSTBEAGLE on the right hand side of screen or Google the following words 'domestic abuse solicitors', give them a snapshot of the situtation. Most solicitors filter enquires through layers of 'nonsense'. The more they do that the less 'human', approachable' they seem. Maybe look for small firms with 'The Human Touch'. Check Trustpilot reviews.

Comment

I think he's talking about work ethic.

Speak to people you trust. Look at reviews. Discuss what you want them to do. Don't be afraid to have a conversation before deciding whether you want to engage this solicitor to represent you.
      Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read the Judiciary's handbook for litigants in person: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by atticus View Post

Speak to people you trust. Look at reviews. Discuss what you want them to do. Don't be afraid to have a conversation before deciding whether you want to engage this solicitor to represent you.
        Thank you, I read it differently.

Comment

Originally posted by atticus View Post

Yes, this is what I mean.
          The cost is going to be astronomical (which I accept), but I feel I need someone proactive.

I'm worried about finding someone who isn't. I really need support and not many of them seem to comprehensive.

Am I missing something in my searches? Or is this just the way it is?

Also, thanks for clarifying my question - I'm new here.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X