• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Please help!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help!!

Hi, me and my child's father broke up a few years ago. He really messed with my head and I had a really bad night involving alcohol. He phoned the police and took the children. I got a lawyer and fought yo get them back. Very long process.
    I wanted to drop the stress and try work things out with him for the sake of the children. We agreed sort it out between our self. I feel he has manipulated me. We let our lawyers quickly draw up a crt order so that he has residency and i have a contact order on about a 55/45% split. But he promised we wouldn't stick with that and be good parents together but apart.

Anyway it's the worst decisioni have ever made. As soon as we signed the crt order he became power mad controlling all of our lives. Telling everyone that I've signed my kids over yo him and bad mouthing me everywhere. Keeping them on an extra weekend that messed up our schedule. And he kept them an extra week in summer. I made dentist appointment for kids and he went behind my back and rescheduled appointment without telling me. They both needed alot of work done as he gives them so much sugar. So many little things really but it's been so horrible. He says I need to ask his permission on everything.

So I did something really stupid and didn't hand the kids over on Xmas eve. I kept them on Xmas day and then gave them back on boxing day. He had them for past 2 xmas days. He was so mad at me. He said I'm never gonna see the girls again. I know whwt i did was wrong but my older son wanted to spend Xmas with his sisters and so did my family.

My girls are age 6 n 7 and my son is 14

I will fight him all the way but do I stand a chance as I went against the crt order.

I feel so bad for the kids, they want to stay with me.
    Tags: None

OK, in all this remember that in children cases the paramount concern of the court is the children. The second principle enshrined in the Children Act 1989 is that it benefits the welfare of the children for each parent to be involved in their lives.

Whatever happens, the outcome is not going to be that you will lose all contact with your children.

I think the chances are that the court will not change the existing order, particularly when it understands that your ex takes but does not give.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X