• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Wife takes children from our marital home without notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wife takes children from our marital home without notice

Hi all,
    I have been seperated from my wife since Dec 2021, we both lived with each other and our two children in the marital home up until 17th dec 2023, upon arriving home on 17th dec I received a back dated unofficial letter from her solicitors saying she has left and taken the children, half of our possessions had been taken without any notice given. Can anybody in family advise on this matter
    Tags: None

You need to start by thinking what you really would like and what would be realistic and best for the children.

Please understand that when considering arrangements for children, the paramount concern of the court is for the children. Not the parents, the children. This is section1(1) of the Children Act 1989.

You have been posting here about your divorce for several months. I think it will come as a surprise to most of us to now learn that until a few days ago you and your ex were still living under the same roof. Surely you and your wife living apart has been inevitable.

Try to agree the arrangements for the children with your wife, but please do not use them in your battles with her.

Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

I believe the environment of me and the mother not in the same house is healthier for myself and her and ultimately the children. The manner in which she done it without notice and just dropping it on them , without speaking to me or without me speaking to the children is NOT healthy for the children. They are taught by her actions and will go through life that’s acceptable to treat people like that. Especially there dad. She pursued a non-molestation/Occupation order through court, to which she failed as she made over 40 allegations to which the justices found no fact. She agreed to a joint undertaking , to be respectful to each other. Has she broken that court order by not adhering to the joint undertaking ?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X