• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Property dispute

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Property dispute

I’m the sole title ownership of the property we purchased together only on my name five years ago although they share monthly mortgage they pay me but It goes through my bank account. We agreed to put our house on the market by the end of this month may, 2022 and share the profit 50/50 but now my sister changes her mind and not willing to sell the property and she refuses to leave the property and she will buy out but only on the bases on initial price not wanna pay current market value which is now 30%over five yrs ago purchase price..house title is still solely under my name. Can anyone give me your opinion would be appreciated!!
    does my sister have any chances of winning the case to her favor???even all the utilities bills are under my name too nobody else thank you for any suggestions or advice.
    Last edited by ULA; 15th May 2022, 19:59:PM.
    Tags: None

Your sister lives in the house you purchased together, but as her name is not on the Deeds you have agreed to split the sale price or just the profit? In which case I can understand her reluctance if she would only receive half of the profit.

Can you please clarify if you or anyone else lives in the house as you refer to you and them who pay you and it is not clear. What relationship do you all have?

Some guidance may then be available but without the full picture it is difficult

Comment

As it ds you can sell the house from under - but this can be stopped by registration by her of a caution.
      You seem to accept tat she has some interest in the house which is not reflected in the title.
      The solution if agreement is not reached is a request to the Court under the Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996, in whichthe Court sets out what it finds to be the trusts on which the land is held.
      It is most unlikely hat a court would make an order on the basis she suggests, much preferring an order based upon current values.
      In reality this is a pure negotiation- governed as much by practical considerations as by the law - what can she in fact afford to pay.
      Your are in a stronger position than you seem to think,but not so strong that you might not end up spending hwat the house is worth in legal fees if you seek the simple legal title solution.
      Talk, and keep on talking, but get this resolved before it gets worse.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X