• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ex wants me out my home

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex wants me out my home

Hi all.

Me and my ex partner are living in the same house (joint tenants on mortgage). She ended the relationship a couple of months ago but we were on and off for a couple of months trying to sort things out. But it's completely over now. Although I am heartbroken heartbroken struggling inside with the breakup.

My ex has 2 children 13 and 17 who live in the house. I have 2 children 8 and 6 who stay with me 2 weekends a month and longer in school holidays.

We have 140k equity in the house. I want to sell, ex partner is refusing because she won't get a mortgage for enough to buy a new place. She also refuses to rent despite the equity and wage she will have. She wants me to move out so she can claim universal credit for 6 months to push her mortgage up. I'm refusing to leave. I need a place for my children to stay and staying with family is not suitable. This is my home and if I leave it she could then refuse to sell and I won't be able to get back here.

Ex partner already has a new bloke, who she started seeing immediately after the first break up. But then 48hrs after we broke up properly she went out for dinner with again. and are having weekends away and planning holidays. Which leads me to think that they have been seeing each other a lot longer than she admits.

Now I'm refusing to leave my home, my ex partner is using the fact it makes me ill and very anxious to the point of vomitting when she rubs it in my face about having a new relationship. She is planning a party in our house soon and if the new boyfriend turns up, can I remove him from my house? I really feel my ex is going to start being nasty and using the fact I get anxious to try to force me to leave.

Thanks for reading... sorry its long winded
    Tags: None

Domestic abuse against men is hardly ever recognized, be very careful I had a similar situation 3 years ago and despite me calling the police on 5 occasions, me calling out to friends family and i kept a doctors I was arrested and charged, fortunately as the violence escalated I kept a diary and recorded lots of threats and violence against me and the charges were dropped when the interviewing officer hard my phone evidence.
    This didnt stop me from being kept away from my home of 10 years and my daughter
    BE VERY CAREFUL RECORD EVERYTHING
    I am sorry I can help with any other advice
    Last edited by ohitsonlyme; 8th November 2021, 07:39:AM. Reason: typo

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X