• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Sue a Father who denied Paternity for 35 years (positive paternity test 15 years ago)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sue a Father who denied Paternity for 35 years (positive paternity test 15 years ago)

My friend was recently declared the Son of an individual in High Court , in spite of the Father having denied paternity in spite of paternity test 15 years ago that proved he was the father and also a more recent paternity test. Can he sue the father for damages in a civil Action ?
    My friend ended up in orphanage for a significant period in a 3rd world country as the mother could not support and in spite of the paternity test 20 years ago the father still denied and did not help in any way or with a passport application.

The father is a British Citizen by naturalisation and also works or has worked as a professional in social services which makes his behaviour even more reprehensible.

He is still resisting paying court costs but i assume they will be collected eventually , but in reality he owes my friend much more than that.
    Tags: None

much more? what areas would you suggest? to give us an idea what to look at?

I in the past had court orders on a father of step childrens for which it was classed as income to household, everytime it went to court it was written off he was a poor expensive suit, parents poodle parlours etc. no refund of tax paid and i ended up doing two jobs for us to survive. so the area is a mine field!

Comment

The issue is that the Father denied parentage for 35 years and even though a paternity test quoted 99.86% 15 years ago he would not help with a passport. So when my young friend comes to England he should be able to sue him for a substantial amount for denying him a UK passport etc ?

Comment

No Wisdom around on this

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X