• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Disclosure of Sensitive Information

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disclosure of Sensitive Information

My child is victim to bullying, the perpetrator is a neighbours child. Various attempts to mediate have been unsuccessful, resulting in my daughter self harming. She’s receiving support and I was advised to raise this with the anti social behaviour at the local council. I did so and I asked them to treat the information sensitive and not disclose the self harm to the perpetrators parents. Despite me requesting this verbally and in writing, the council have done so and the perpetrator (10yr old child) is aware and has made comments in reference to this knowledge. The council team are the only people who know about the self harm who would be in any position to disclose. Only other people are school, doctors and CAHMS so I doubt they would disclose given they don’t know the family?

would anyone be able to offer advice please on where I could go with this?
    Tags: None

Hi SarahLBX

I think you can ask the Council for all the information they hold on you (complaint / case) without letting them know why. That might reveal where the 'inadvertent' disclosure took place.The Council has a Data Protection Team, they will have a webpage where you can request the data they hold on you (case / complaint) by filling in a Data Subject Request form. Some info might be redacted.

I've just used Swindon Council as an example -

- https://www.swindon.gov.uk/info/2002...al_information

You might want to contact the ICO, lots of info on their website -

https://ico.org.uk/

I hope the situation gets resolved and things settle down for you.

Comment

With so many parties being privy to the information you have no way of knowing who actually disclosed it and therefore it would be difficult if not impossible to lay blame.

You should write to all the relevant parties expressing your concerns to prevent any further breach of confidentiality going forward.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X