• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Girlfriends rights to my property

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Girlfriends rights to my property

Hi all, I'm looking for a little advice.

I've recently entered into a relationship with a new girlfriend. I have assets that include a house, cars etc, and she has nothing and lives with her parents. I'm due to take up employment overseas and leave the house with a friend for a couple of years. My girlfriend will accompany me overseas and live with me in a rent-free house.

My question is, would she be entitled to any part of my house in the UK in the event we were to separate in the future? Is there ways in which I can protect myself? I've already lost half the equity during my divorce 5 years ago and don't particularly want to go through that trauma again. She does plan on obtaining a job, but that may not be for a long time.
    Tags: None

I had a friend who before he married drew up some kind of a contract only allowing a claim on his property once they were married, they did get married and now have a family, but he had that in writing.

Comment

Originally posted by DE DOGS View Post
      I had a friend who before he married drew up some kind of a contract only allowing a claim on his property once they were married, they did get married and now have a family, but he had that in writing.
      And?

Comment

Originally posted by EnglandPi View Post

And?
        They are living Happy at present.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X