• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Divorce help needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divorce help needed

Hi... I've recently separated form my wife with what looks like a following divorce. Now she has started to get nasty and is demanding unrealistic things.

She has just contacted the CSA even though we had an arrangement in place and I have my daughter 3 nights a week, have left hwr the financed car which is not only in my name but I'm also the registered keeper, pay the servicing costs, the VOD and the insurance...This was originally a way of some sort of child support.

She is now telling me, I can only have my daughter 2 nights a week and has sent my a screen shot from a child support calculator demanding not only money but also to keep the car. Firstly, does she have any claim to the car even though everything regarding the car is in my name and can she dictate when I can and can not have my daughter..?

Thanks in advance

Jay

Tags: None

Unfortunately she can. Have you pointed out to her that it is not YOUR car, it's the finance company's.

Comment

If you look at your finance agreement you will probably find you are now in breach as it will almost be a certainty that you remain the main driver as well as registered keeper.
      And if you aren't the keeper (as your ex now is) you & she will also be in breach of regulations regarding registration.
      Also if it is still registered with you at your previous address think about what happens to any parking notices or penalty charge notices she might collect and addressed to you

She getting nasty.... get the car back

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X