• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CM Options

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CM Options

Afternoon,

So I’ve been paying an amount to CM Options through their Collect & Pay scheme for a while. I resisted being put onto the scheme as I have no contact with my ex but asked if the CSA could supply bank details and I’d pay directly to that account as needed. Their demanded amount was just short of £500 a month. I wrote to them just before lockdown and politely asked for an updated schedule from them as I was under the impression I would have repaid any arrears by then and wanted to make sure the amount they were taking was correct. I heard nothing, obviously as lockdown hit but I’ve received a letter this morning from them.

it states “your deduction from earnings order is attached”. As I read through it gives the order on the next page which reads as if it were sent to my employer. It says;

”Please set up a Deduction from Earnings Order for your employee to take money from their next available salary payment. If this is your first Deduction from Earnings Order for the Child Maintenance Service, we will contact you soon with more information, and to answer any questions you may have.”

The part that confuses me is the next section;

”if you are already collecting Deduction from Earnings Orders for this, or any other Child Maintenance Service client, please include this new deduction in your next payment to us.

HOW MUCH YOU SHOULD TAKE
    The amount deducted depends on their pay frequency. You should take the amount shown in the table according to their pay frequency, starting as soon as possible.

DEDUCTIONS DUE FROM 23rd November 2020
    REGULAR PAYMENT AMOUNTS £101.45 monthly/ £**.** weekly/ £**.** fortnightly/ £**.** 4 weekly

IF THERES ALREADY AN ORDER IN PLACE FOR THIS EMPLOYEE
    from 23rd November this order replaces any other for [name] with [NI Number]. Until this date you should continue to take the amounts shown on the previous order. Any further changes will be shown on the new monthly payment schedule. It is important you check the schedule each month to ensure we are deducting the correct amount.”

Now, I have changed jobs within the same employer in the past 12months and my wage has gone up but they’ve always just used my P60 info to set the payment amounts for the coming year. The wording of letter to me reads that they’re effectively quartering my payment they take each month but the cynical part of me reads it as they’re adding the extra onto the payment.

So, does anyone know for certain if the Collect & Pay scheme I am on will be replaced by this new Deduction from Earnings Order, or if they will both run together?

thanks
    Tags: None

Bump

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X