• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bereaved parents now helpless Grandparents

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bereaved parents now helpless Grandparents

Our daughter died suddenly quite recently and left two beautiful daughters aged 5 and 3 in the care of her live-in partner who is doing everything to deny us any contact at all.
    She was in a very controlling relationship with the father who has exhibited signs of mental illness and demonstrated psychotic and threatening behaviour in the past.
    He continues to fill the girls heads with hate towards us which is a difficult thing to experience when they practically spent every weekday of their lives with us prior to her death in a normal safe and happy Grandparent environment.
    Police and child services are monitoring the situation but at present can offer us nothing but sympathy.
    This is what our daughter described as her worst nightmare. He had continually threatened to abduct them if she ever left him, which is exactly the same threats he made against his ex-wife who was in the same situation with their own girl.
    We feel we let her down in life by not supporting her enough with her struggles, and only offering her the advice to 'kick him out'. Its only now when she is not around to moderate his behaviour that we really see what she must have been up against.
    If the girls were living in a happy and healthy environment without us, didn't miss spending time with us, then we would be prepared, for the girls sake, and our own mental well-being to accept the situation and just live with all the happy memories until they were old enough to come looking for us if we can live that long.
    We know our daughter would want us to fight for her girls as they were her life, so we as Grandparents have to embark on the legal route to gain some sort of access.
    The father is not the sort of person to abide by any court ruling and we are quoted some crazy figures by solicitors who say they can help us through the process, but as we have no funds to pay for this service we are left with the only option of self representing.
    Emotionally we are still trying to come to terms with the loss of our daughter as our whole life revolved around her and the girls who are growing into replica images of her, so we are desperately reaching out to anyone who can offer some help or advice. Where do we start ?
    Tags: None

Just adding to our original post by asking..
    Does someone in a similar situation of self-representation have any tips for us Grandparents in filling out the C100 ?

Comment

Heartbreaking to read your story.

I regret that I have no advice of my own, but have found this website which might give you some tips.
      https://www.gransnet.com/grandparenting/contact-rights
      The site also includes a forum which might give some help:
      https://www.gransnet.com/forums/estrangement

I wish you well

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post

Heartbreaking to read your story.

I regret that I have no advice of my own, but have found this website which might give you some tips.
        https://www.gransnet.com/grandparenting/contact-rights
        The site also includes a forum which might give some help:
        https://www.gransnet.com/forums/estrangement

I wish you well
        Thank you Des8 - that's very helpful

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X