• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Changing residency order

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing residency order

3 years ago when my children were 9, 11 and 13 a residency order was made. The children stayed with their mother 5 nights a week and me 2. Over the last 3 years I have had the kids many extra nights and we are extremely close. Unfortunately their mother is not as close to them, she very rarely gets them to school and has been to court regarding their attendance but this hasn't improved. My oldest who has just turned 16 wants to stay with me full time but she is refusing to allow him to do this and my other two have said they would like to stay with me more. I cannot sit back and watch their futures disapear because of their bad attendance so want to get the residency changed so they stay with me 4 nights a week. Given the situation could anyone tell me how easy this would be to change given that their mother will argue every point.
    ​​​​​
    Tags: None

A new child arrangement order may be the way. The Court will listen to what is best for the children and what they want to do rather than what the adults wish. Court fees will apply and solicitors fees unless you represent yourself.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X