• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. If this is your first visit to LegalBeagles and you need assistance then you can ask a question here;
    Create a Thread
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Unfit to care for children

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Unfit to care for children


    I have a query regarding a case last year. My ex girlfriend claimed I assaulted her with an umbrella, I was interviewed under caution and she withdrew her statement a few days after. I then was arrested for harassment the next month, after allegations that I attempted to force my way into her flat and turned up to her address 19 times uninvited. This was completely fabricated and backed up by messages on my phone by the police, they issued me with a Police Information Notice for Harassment and filed it as a case of No further action.

    However, her children were in care at the time and I was to be her support.

    My current partner is going through the final stages of court proceedings with her child. Iíve been told I was unfit to care for my ex partners children, as the current Local Authority contacted the previous one. So, this directly affects on the position I am in with my current partner.

    The previous local authority is unable to tell me anything unless I make a subject request, but I was informed it may be denied as I am not the father of my ex girlfriends children.

    Has the claims my ex made influenced social services to draw this conclusion? If so, how can allegations that where proven to be false affect my case.

    I appreciate any expert who can give their advice on this matter. We are both really stressed out about it (me and my current partner), so any response means a great deal to us both personally.

    The current solicitors and social workers are taking their time with the information, that's why I'd like some idea of what this could be here.

    Thank you,

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.




Find family law specialists that offer fixed fee services on our sister site, JustBeagle...

justbeagle screenshot

Find a Law Firm NOW

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm