• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. If this is your first visit to LegalBeagles and you need assistance then you can ask a question here;
    Create a Thread
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Personal belongings

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Personal belongings

    Evening. I split up with my ex partner last year, i asked her several times if i could collect my belongings but was told no, she manage to get a Non molestation order against me preventing any contact, i emailed her solicitor on two occasions asking about collecting my belongings and recieved no reply. I have now found out that all of my belongings have to "thrown out". Where do i stand in regards to getting compensation ? And by law did she need to inform me of her intentions ?

    Tags: None

  • #2
    (Responding to post for training purposes only. @Celestine)

    Legally, she cannot throw your belongings away. She must¬*provide you with reasonable notice of her¬*intent, and adequate opportunity for you to come back and collect anything you would¬*like to keep. Obviously, collection is a bit more tricky with a NMO but you could ask through her solicitor if you can send a third party to collect your belongings.

    If she continues to refuse, you may be able to make a claim to the court.

    I am a law student undertaking work experience on the LegalBeagles forum. My advice is from my own experience only and is given without liability. If in any doubt, please contact a regulated and insured legal professional to seek further advice.


    View our Terms and Conditions

    LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

    If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

    If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.




    Find family law specialists that offer fixed fee services on our sister site, JustBeagle...

    justbeagle screenshot

    Find a Law Firm NOW

    See more
    See less

    Court Claim ?

    Guides and Letters

    Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

    Find a Law Firm