• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

She didnt show up to court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She didnt show up to court

Afternoon all,

Today my case was to be heard against my ex partner, she stopped me from seeing my 2 sons over a year ago as i was engaged(now married). There is actually no legal reason for her stopping me from having access, long story short today was the day.

I was informed by my solicitor this morning that my ex partners solicitor no longer deals with her due to quite a few unpaid legal bills. I was then informed that if she doesnt appear to represent herself in court the contact order cannot proceed and i would have to take it to a higher court to resolve this, which will be a longer and more costly process for me.

What i want to ask is, how can just blatantly not turning up for court effectively mean you win, or not lose? How can a court or judge not rule in my favor in some way if she refuses to appear? I paid £200 for the proceedings and pay her £450 per month for child maintenance, yet haven't seen my 2 sons since last May, how is this in any way fair?

Scott
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X