• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Wife has child with me, once Pregnant she has become distance and living apart

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wife has child with me, once Pregnant she has become distance and living apart

All,

I would like your help on what I would class as a disgraceful issue and im not sure whether this is legally allowed. Also im trying to find people who have been in similar situations and historical cases that have been fought on these grounds and where it ended up.

I've been with my wife for 3 years. As she is a Solicitor [this doesn't help ] She has her own injury law practice. To help her out for the initial couple of years. We came to an arrangement that she can work at her family business during the week. Then we would meet up at the weekend

I told her many times that this living arrangement is very straining and we should live together. She was distant and also kept her financial situation private

She then suggested we need to have a child and "everything will be alright once we have the kid"

So for trying for a child she would travel up to me every other day, which didn't work. Then we went through IVF treatment for having a child, which was a success the first time

After which she has stayed at her mum and dads homes as she was suffering from morning sickness and not able to move much. Initially she would let me visit or suggest I travel up

I gave her the space she needed. Then when I tried to talk to her about the living arrangement she wasn't interested in discussing.

After which she has demanded a divorce and also did not let me come to the child's birth.

We had initially come up with a childs full name, but she decided to register the child on her own and added an additional middle name, without consulting me.

This situation just smells of deceit and what id call "honey potting" the premises of getting a child then wanting to disappear

Can people suggest what I should do and also what similar cases their might be in the history of law. It would be interesting so see if this has happened before

Thanks in advance!

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X