• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Visitation gone wrong

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitation gone wrong

Almost

a year ago my ex stopped me seeing our daughter because basically she is not a nice person with a lot of issues. I got the first hearing in October last year and expected they requested reports
    etc.
    All this was done and
    caffcass recommended that I see my daughter as my Ex has no grounds to stop me from seeing her. However, because my ex has lot of anxiety issues and to ease her
    worries
    it was suggested that the visitation
    be supervised (the
    caffcass officer said this
    was not needed) roll on to this past
    friday I am granted access to see my daughter, however, because of my EX's wellbeing being effected in their eyes they went with the suggestion of the first few visits being supervised by my partner, whom is a qualified nursery teacher and forestry school leader so has a lot of experience working with children ect.

I saw my daughter on Friday evening for the first time in almost a year. However, today I find out that my partner has been feeling pressured into the meetings yesterday and does not feel suitable for doing the visitation. In total honestly I even
    ssaid to the courts and
    caffcass officer I was not happy with my
    partener being the supervisor because what they
    dont know is she is
    haveing an
    exstreamly hard time
    atm with a lot of personal issues and
    tbh I am surprised she has not cracked. I have begged and pleaded with my partner to help supervise with my daughter however I understand why she is saying no and cannot. To be
    fair if
    her reasons were not justified I would leave her for this.

The problem I have now is I no longer have the designated supervisor for the visitation and I
    dont know what to do or if there is anything I can do :
    (. I know my ex will use any excuse she can to stop the visitation and my daughter deserves to have her dad.
    Tags: None

Hi Luke83,
    Sorry to hear about your child arrangement issues. Did you have contact last Friday with your partner supervising and it is the coming Friday and beyond that will be the issue?
    Is there anyone else that could supervise, a grandparent or Aunt/uncle perhaps? It is a difficult one when you have indicated your ex has numerous issues that will no doubt come to the forefront should you try and rearrange things. Is there a contact centre near your daughter that you could contact and see if they have a place available for the Friday arranged contact. I appreciate they are not the loveliest of places but if this is only for a few weeks until contact is established again and you are able to have your daughter on your own it may be worth using them. You can find your local centres here:- https://naccc.org.uk/find-a-centre

Did you use a solicitor in the application for the child arrangement order? I appreciate it would cost money but it may be worth getting some further advice form them if you had one. See if you can find someone else to supervise Friday, check the contact centres so you can propose that as an alternative if all else fails. You will need to let your ex know as soon as possible if the arrangement will have to change of course rather than leaving it to the last minute as this will no doubt fuel things if she isn't made aware. Do try and find an alternative before saying anything.

I am a qualified solicitor and am happy to try and assist informally, where needed.

Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any practical advice I give is without liability. I do not represent people on the forum.

If in doubt you should always seek professional face to face legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X