• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Child Arrangement Order

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child Arrangement Order

Hello,

I am looking for some help regarding a child arrangement order, my ex partner has taken me to court to see my daughter as I was away for a month with work she done this whilst I was working away I come back to a child arrangement order. We split up over two years ago which has been very messy since, with my ex partner blocking access. Since we split up I have not missed a single maintenance payment, I paid for my daughter to go to private nursery once a week never missed a payment there either so I have always financially supported my daughter. To cut a long story short, we went to family court on the 5/06/18 and had meeting with CAFCASS officer to see if we can come to an arrangement, but everything arrangement solution I offered my ex partner refused. So interim I have my daughter every Sunday 9am - 5pm. I would like my daughter to stay with me every other weekend Friday - Sunday and as I work shift It will be 2 days in the week which are ROTA days on the opposite week. Anyway we could not come to an agreement and is going back to court on the 12/07/18. The court has now asked for written statements of the evidence on which we intend to rely. Now I have no idea what to write and how to write this statement and what to put in it and what evidence I can use so I can have my daughter more than once a week. Any help would be appreciated. (I have attached a copy of the arrangement order with personal details blanked out)

Many Thanks,

Elliott
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Hi Elldavies7,

I can't read the order I'm afraid but assume there is nothing untoward in there other than basically setting down a timetable for certain things to happen in the application.

Here is an example and details of the format needed when creating your statement:https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pr...ess-statements

It can be hand written but typed is preferable. You will need to explain a bit of the back ground, when you split up, the arrangements to date, any issues with arrangements, what you propose now and the reasons for the proposal.

You need to try and keep this very factual and avoid the 'emotion' of the situation or making what could be perceived as bitchy comments about your ex or their behaviour.

It is perfectly reasonable to explain any reasons for changes in arrangements for contact, if you have made any and of course confirming any cancellations made by you or your ex and what the reasons for them were.

I appreciate that you have continued contributing financially to your daughter which you are obliged to do. Be careful not to labour this point in the statement, as the two are completely separate issues as far as the contact proceedings are concerned.

It seems that from the information about your situation you have posted, you have made a perfectly reasonable request for dealing with the contact of your daughter. It may be that your ex raises other issues (or has raised other issues) why your proposal doesn't work for them and it would also be sensible to deal with this in your statement too (without being ranty).

Just try and keep it factual and geared very much about what is most likely best for your daughter.

Don't forget to send the statement to the Court by the stipulated date in the order and also send a copy to your ex at the same time if the order is to file and serve the statement.

If need any more pointers post on here again.

I am a qualified solicitor and am happy to try and assist informally, where needed.

Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any practical advice I give is without liability. I do not represent people on the forum.

If in doubt you should always seek professional face to face legal advice.

Comment

Hi Elldavies, I note that you have not come back to update the forum regarding the CAOs hearings. I hope things are well with you.

"Although I am a family lawyer, any advice given on this forum should be taken as guidance only and should not be applied to your specific circumstances. If you are uncertain as to your legal rights, I recommend that you seek independent legal advice from a lawyer local to you". Good luck
      Although I am a family lawyer, any advice given on this forum should be taken as guidance only and should not be applied to your specific circumstances. If you are uncertain as to your legal rights, I recommend that you seek independent legal advice from a lawyer local to you. Do not forget to update us on your case. Good luck

I work in Coventry on Mondays and Thursdays and Stevenage on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X