• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. Please register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
  • LegalBeagles® is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help please CAFCASS recommend a sect 37 report

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Help please CAFCASS recommend a sect 37 report

    Hi i really hope you be able to help and advise me, my ex has applied to the court for a CAO. I had CAFCASS do a telephone interview and i have just receive there report and in it is so many inadequacies , the cafcass worker seems to off sided with my ex and believed all his lies and because of socail care involvement they want the court to request a sect 37 report , now please what does this entail as everything i have read, leads to care proceedings, i am really really scared now as i can't lose my children. Yes i made mistakes in past by not addressing my depression sooner but there is evidence to prove my improvement. I have a 12 year old who is NOT my ex daughter and he has no parental rights and a 6 year old with global development delay, who father (my ex ) does not believe or support his conditions and blames me for it. My ex is a manipulator and i beleive he managed to manipulate the cafcass worker he spoke to.
    is there anyway to contest this, the first hearing is on weds.
    Tags: None

  • #2
    Hi L170483,
    It must be a horribly scary time for you. From what you say you have had issues in the past but you have dealt with them, which is hard to do.

    Do you currently have a solicitor or social worker? You need to discuss your concerns with them and let them know of any factual inaccuracies in the CAFCASS report, if you do have one. It can be difficult to stay calm when reading something that appears to be untrue and even more difficult to keep the emotion out of it and be almost rise above it. You can only focus on the children which I am sure you are doing. Try not to show too much upset or anger about your ex in front of them. Really hard but you need to protect them as far as possible from his shenanigans and be a strong mum for them.

    I would say that it may be sensible for a Section 37 report to be ordered. All aspects of the issues can then be looked into and if needs be experts can be requested to report. It may well be decided that your medical history should be considered, which won't be a bad thing as you can show that you are have addressed and past issues and are now with them.

    The Family Courts regularly deal with manipulative people in these sorts of situation so please try not to panic too much. At the heart of everything is the welfare of the children and what is best for them.

    It is sometimes difficult for CAFCASS officers preparing reports, when they get such limited time with the parties involved. To a certain degree they have to go on what they are told. The ages of your children does mean that their views will be relevant too, and I would expect any person instructed to provide a s37 report to meet and speak with them.

    It is easy for us to say, but please try not to worry too much, remain calm and do what is asked of you. You know your ex will be trying to manipulate and you need to try and counter this by complying with any order that is made by the Court. It may be that the CAFCASS officer has already sussed there is an issue with his behaviour and is recommending the s37 to assist the Court in making their final decision?

    If you haven't already, y
    ou need to find a Children Law
    lawyer to help you and advise you on the best course of action through this process.
    We're here for support, if you need us.
    I am a qualified solicitor employed by the LegalBeagles forum to provide guidance on a wide range of legal queries. I am happy to try and assist informally, where needed.

    Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any practical advice I give is without liability. I do not represent people on the forum.

    If in doubt you should always seek professional face to face legal advice.


    View our Terms and Conditions

    LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

    If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

    If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.




    Find family law specialists that offer fixed fee services on our sister site
    justbeagle logo

    Fixed fees for Divorce or Dissolution of your Civil Partnership will vary depending on whether you are the Petitioner (issuing the Divorce Petition) or the Respondent (you received Divorce Petition).

    The fixed fees may be available for the whole process or as packaged fees to deal with different stages of the divorce including preparing the divorce petition.
    See more
    See less

    Court Claim ?

    Guides and Letters

    upgrade to vip

    Want exclusive access to forums, more privacy and a live chat box? Upgrade to become a bigger part of our community.

    only £15/yr

    Offers available. No subscription traps.

    sign up now

    Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

    Find a Law Firm