• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Witch hunt for whistl blowing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Witch hunt for whistl blowing

Hi please help as no one else will.
    I have been a carer for over 22 years I have seen all sorts of bad practice in the care sector.
    I left care for 7 years to open my own business and when I sold it I had to return to it as there was no other jobs near to me other than Care
    I worked at one home and the practice was terrible I kept on raising concerns but the manager was just as bad flouting the rules. I found this really hard to deal with as I am very much by the book person. I found myself another job and resigned.
    The other job I went for was a seniors position and was offered a deputy managers post. I was delighted it appeared all my hard work and commitment was going to be recognised at last. I am passionate about my work as a carer.
    I began work and on my second week the home was inspected by the CSSIW there were so many things going on it was really serious but they kept me out of the loop. I was helpless as to what to do. At the end of the first week I was asked if I would be the manager of the home to which I said yes providing I get the correct support and training.
    As time went on I was still being left in the dark. I was trying to tell the manager about things but she was not interested. One day I raised my concerns to her regarding this being brushed under the carpet and not being dealt with. The manager had already gone behind my back by this time and brought in a new manager without even mention it to me?
    A couple of days after my discussion I was taken into the office and told that there was not a job form me as a deputy manager any more I was to have a different role and I would have to do three months probation, I was going to loose about £60.00 a week. I was heartbroken because it was obvious they wanted shut of me because they thought I was a threat.
    I resigned from the post because I got another job unfortunately on the last hour of my last shift I allegedly made a medication error. I did have the medication witnessed and signed by a second person? But apparently I had given the tablet to the wrong resident.
    I received a phone call later on when I got home. from the manager to tell me.
    This had to be reported to the Safeguarding team by the Manager. I did find anything out until after one month nobody kept me in the loop and I was so worried. I did find out after speaking to the CSSIW that the meeting was being held on the 26th July.
    I waited and waited and heard nothing.
    In the meantime I had lost the job that I had been given due to the fact that I was not given satisfactory references. I sent a SAR for the references and I got them. The home I had just left were uncommitted they said they were neither saying I was good or bad but they confirmed the dates that I worked there. The other reference was disgusting it was a pack of lies. They said I had been off odd days, I had been off with stress that I was not nice with residents or their families and they would not employ me again. I had never been late or had a single day off at that job. I wanted to learn but I wasn't even given an induction or anything.

I next spoke to the regulators CSSIW They told me a strategy meeting was to be held on the 26th July to see what was going to happen. I had sent a statement to the Safeguarding people to give my version of events because when I asked the manager if I should send an incident report in she stated No. I told the CSSIW exactly what had happened to me and that I was being victimised for whistle blowing. I had never been medication trained or ever assessed at doing medication and therefor I should not have been doing it.

So a month has gone by and I heard nothing then I got a letter saying that if I would have been still working for them I would have been disciplined but as I am no longer working there they still want to carry out their own investigation. They had provided two witness statement from two carers that was complete and utter rubbish. the manager had said she had asked the carers if any one knew of my medication History and that I had made any errors when giving out medication then they need to speak to her. Obviously she has put her spin on it as well. They are basically trying to discredit me and get me put on the Baring list which does not allow me to work with vulnerable people ever again. I guess that the strategy meeting was found in my favour but they are not happy because it was 2 days after the meeting that the statements were made.
    I am not going to the meeting I could not get through it every time I talk about it I get emotional as I was protecting the elderly.
    Now I have no job and I cant get a reference and they are also trying to get me on the baring list.
    How do I get my point across because they are not going to listen they have got two not very reliable witnesses who have told lies or have had their words manipulated.
    Sorry its so long but its been going on for ever and there's so much to it.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X