• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Pyramid scheme con

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pyramid scheme con

Hi
    I recently started selling make up with a pyramid scheme.
    prior to that I brought some from a rep and enquired how to become a rep. I was wrongly told I had to buy £200 of products before I can enrol, which I did. It soon became apparent the my sponsor had conned me.
    no support was given, and I was continually told to watch videos to learn the trade. This sponsor then added my friends to her group and offering better deals than I could.
    She started harassing me to get sales and in the end I had to block her. I then started getting messages of the person above, again ended up blocking her.
    I am disabled and enjoy selling the make up to other ladies. I have recieved support and advice from another rep. We have reported my sponsor to the company but they are refusing to let me change sponsor. I don't want to leave as I do enjoy it. Ive been told buy the companies compliance team if I leave, I will not be able to enrol again for another 6 months and will have to buy my kit again at the cost of £75 which I can't afford.

what can I do?
    Tags: None

Re: Pyramid scheme con

Hi Asinbart

You have my empathy on this one as all self employed schemes such as this only tend to make money for people up the ladder as you have found to your expense. The tactics used were of course deplorable but it does show the level of intelligence of these people and the complete lack of decency in the sole interests in making a quick buck.

I understand entirely your passion to continue and the enjoyment that you derive from it. However, unlike the eighties where home selling of cosmetics probably peaked, the chance of making much from this is limited. And I believe for many ranges, everything is available on line as well, making the rep a little redundant.

Having said all of that, if you make money from it, then you should soldier on. However, I suspect that you are probably not making a lot, if anything. A lot of women do this to work their sixteen hours and claim tax credits so that is a reason to persist for the benefit advantage, if you come into that bracket.

MY advice to anyone in your situation is that if the rewards are simply not there, and you are not relying on tax credits as a supplement, then there is little point soldering on.

How are the financial rewards for you here?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X