• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Data Protection breaches by Employer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data Protection breaches by Employer

Hi there
    This is my first post on this forum and I'm looking for some advice.
    To cut a very long and horrible tale short, my employer was found guilty of breaching the data protection act by the ICO on several occasions with regards to personal medical information.

I had tried to raise a grievance with my employer with regards to this yet my they refused to hear my grievance as they decided without investigation that I was lying about my employing manager breaching my data protection as she denied it and they took her word against mine.
    This resulted in myself having to go to the ICO who found them guilty.

As a result of the data breach, I had to move to another work location as members of staff became aware of sensitive medical issues and I was subject to bullying by my employing manager as I had reported her over said breaches.

My question is, how do I go about claiming compensation due to data breach?
    I am looking to claim back legal costs incurred from my solicitor and compensation due to distress that this has caused me.
    Although my employer now acknowledges that the breaches occurred. only due to the ICO judgement, they will not engage any further with regards to my case.

Thanks for any advice received.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, I have put this in the wrong forum, can a mod move it to the employment section? Thanks.
    Tags: None

Re: Data Protection breaches by Employer

@Kati - is this ok here, or move to ICO or employment (you're the Guv'nor! )

@antistar

https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/principle-6-rights/compensation/

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1998/29/section/13
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X