• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Applying for newpositions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for newpositions

Hi all,

As some of you are aware I suspect I am going to be dismissed next week, in fact I am now resigned to the fact, if you pardon the pun.

Rather than moping about and blaming myself and the evil empire that has created the mess I find myself in, I have today renewed my efforts to find new employment and am in the process of finalising a few applications.

My current employment has lasted 7/8 months, 5 of those were spent dealing with a grievance of discriminisation and victimisation which was dismissed and I am potentially going to be dismissed for 2 seconds of unrelated stupidness on my part.

My question is what is the best way to handle this on application forms, CV's, interviews etc, I am profoundly deaf and this itself makes it exceptionally difficult to even get an interview or be taken seriously on most occaisions. Now i will also have the hurdle of a dismissal for gross misconduct to overcome also.

If I include the details on CV, application forms then I'm sure if I got an interview I would put my case and the interviewer will make there own determination on this situation, but isn't it likely simply to turn potential employers off even recruiting me.

Then what would happen at a reference request stage?

Is it better just to remove the employment from my CV and application forms or to be honest.
    Tags: None

Re: Applying for newpositions

Hi Jay, sorry to hear about your situation.

I'd put it on.
    If you start lying about your work history you might end up making things worse for yourself, it's best to be open and honest (you would expect a law firm to say that!)

Remember when you get your next job you'll have to hand them your P45 and last employer is always on there.

All the best for the future.

Comment

Always be honest about it, will come back to bite you at a later stage no doubt!

not that I have read your thread but have you considered resigning than awaiting a dismissal? You could then state you left the business and only that point when they question why you either be truthful or skirt around it or tell a lie.
      If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

I don't see resignation as an option I am afraid. I may have made one slight mistake and I intend to face the consequences of that, my employer on the other hand has made numerous significant mistakes and I intend to make them face that regardless if they want to or not. If I resign then I may loose the oppurtunity to bring the matter before a tribunal for resolution as whilst I believe my case is constructive I am not sure if I have enough to prove it.

PS thanks for the advice, I deep down knew honesty is best policy, just not a pleasant reaslisation that I am going to have to explain it time and time again

Comment

Certainly if you have/are making a protected disclosure and they dismiss you then you have an improved case for Unfair Dismissal. Get the advice of someone like Whistleblowers UK, ourselves or any party trained in whistleblowing before you do anything.

Comment

jay69477's previous thread.

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...light=jay69477
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X