• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Any one know about Pensions?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any one know about Pensions?

Good Evening

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum but I don't know where else to ask it this has been a long drawn out process so here goes

I am losing my sight amongst other ailments and consequently I am going to be ill Health retired, I accept this as I have no other choice and fortunately I planned for this to happen by paying in to my works very generous pension scheme

I can claim my pension on ill health and if I get the incapacity pension it will be enhanced to my normal retirement age but I must fulfil certain criteria which I believe I will

The criteria is
    the incapacity or infirmity must be such as to prevent the member from performing any other duties other than temporarily, which in the opinion of the Pensions Committee are suitable for the member.

What does the terminology temporarily mean in Law and how can they decide what job is suitable. I am unable to carry out any duties with my employers and I will be unable to carry out any other duties I think other than temporarily so I meet the description but as you all know when it comes to paying out they are very efficient at findings ways to prevent payment
    I'm just curious as to what temporarily means in law with regards to this sort of thing

Cheers
    Stillo
    Tags: None

Re: Any one know about Pensions?

Hi Stillo

What this means is that you should be permanently incapable of doing any other work for the foreseeable future albeit on a temporarily basis. Therefore you are able to get another job that is suitable but only on a temporarily basis.

I hope this helps.

Regards

NMNP..

Comment

Re: Any one know about Pensions?

Thank you

I thoght that was what it meant, but I know these pension people can be a little tricky to deal with, I am to be retired at 53 due to losing my eyesight and the condition I have causes me problems not just with the visual loss but with bright and dark situations coupled with other medical problems

Cheers
      Stiillo

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X