• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

five weeks since my appeal......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• five weeks since my appeal......

As some of you know from my previous posts I had my appeal five weeks ago. Ive heard absolutely nothing. Surely this isn't following Acas guidelines for a fair appeal hearing? I'm tempted to go to a tribunal as it's been one thing after another and a judge would surely look down on a massive company that has made a simple disciplinary hearing go on for 13 weeks. Also my reason for the appeal was due to my medical history not being taken into account for mitigating circumstances. This I felt was disability discrimination. At the appeal which lasted 5 hours the words disability or discrimination were not mentioned once. Correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't such a serious claim be investigated at the appeal so it could be resolved?
    Last edited by Acjb007; 8th November 2015, 21:29:PM. Reason: mistake
    Tags: None

Re: five weeks since my appeal......

First thing i am unfamiliar with this case

1. have you been dismissed
    2. when were you dismissed or made redundant (Date)
    3 has ACAS accepted mediation prior to an Employment Tribunal claim

Comment

Originally posted by judgemental24 View Post
      First thing i am unfamiliar with this case

1. have you been dismissed
      2. when were you dismissed or made redundant (Date)
      3 has ACAS accepted mediation prior to an Employment Tribunal claim
      If I remember rightly OP was sacked from a shop for multiple occurrences of theft which they later attributed to their medical condition.

Comment

Then i am afraid you are flogging a dead horse

The mere fact a theft occurred and you were found at fault is enough to dismiss for Gross Misconduct

You cannnot even use taking opiets for any disability as mitigation. If they were affecting you that much then you should not even have been at work. The obligation would have been on you to inform the employer of any ongoing medical conditions and treatments

Sorry

Comment

Originally posted by judgemental24 View Post
          Then i am afraid you are flogging a dead horse

The mere fact a theft occurred and you were found at fault is enough to dismiss for Gross Misconduct

You cannnot even use taking opiets for any disability as mitigation. If they were affecting you that much then you should not even have been at work. The obligation would have been on you to inform the employer of any ongoing medical conditions and treatments

Sorry
          I've said as much many many times but OP is unwilling to accept.

It seems that you can't help those that don't want to be helped!

Comment

Okay, then why have Acas agreed to offer the company early conciliation? Basically it's okay to treat a colleague unfairly and not follow Acas code of conduct if the colleague is in the wrong?

Comment

Acas do not decide who is right or wrong, that is down to a Tribunal

Their overriding objectives is to achieve a settlement, even to the detriment of the employee

Comment

Sorry if I seemed blunt. It's just really getting to me and the 5 week wait for an answer about my future is really getting to me physically and mentally. I did wrong, I admitted to it. I lost my job so I have the ultimate punishment. However there is a long list of errors the company has made and it's me who is trying desperately to sort out the outcome. From my understanding Acas state it's up to the employee and employer to fairly settle the matter. I've been patient and written to them but hear nothing back. They are playing games as they could simply send a letter stating the appeal was unsuccessful. They know I'm seriously ill and I've even given them a from my GP stating stress and anxiety could be life threatening and they urge the company to deal with the matter promptly. To me they aren't giving me the outcome as they are either seeking legal advice or delaying it purposely so I lose my right to take it to a tribunal. Their disciplinary policy states that medical information submitted by the employee should be investigated with the colleagues gp or occupational health. They didn't even look at my medical notes. The reason (I believe) they didn't look was due to my health issues being caused by alcohol addiction. Acas and my gp both agreed that it could be classed as discrimination and breach of contract. I'm not a bad person and even at my appeal when the manager went through my file couldn't believe my flawless company history with not one file note or absence issue in 5yrs. I have since come off my medication against my doctors advice and my personality has changed massively. Instead of feeling like a zombie I'm experiencing true emotions again including guilt and responsibility. I just know on my heart what I did wasn't the true me.

Comment

I advise speaking to a solicitor before you time out action at an employment tribunal

Comment

OP. my only advice is that you have got another job and so move on, you have no case in my view.

Comment

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                      X