• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

have been given 5 days then i have been given 5 days then i have to leave my site:New

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: have been given 5 days then i have been given 5 days then i have to leave my site

Hi Halsap
    What have they deducted for you to be so light?
    have they actually terminated your contract?

Comment

Re: have been given 5 days then i have been given 5 days then i have to leave my site

don't know but my area manager is supposedly sorting it spent but that was on monday. all morning with the CAB who say I need to lodge it with the Employment Tribunal website I still really would like to speak to a barrister or legal adviser as AA also were useless to so I know it is all going to be ok 100%

Comment

The CAB are totally pants

You can no longer initiate a claim by going to the Employment Tribunal Service web page

You have to contact ACAS first. They will liase with the employer on an informal basis and if agreement cannot be reached ACAS will then give you a code number. That number is then used to implement a claim with the Tribunal Service

Comment

Originally posted by halsaps View Post
          don't know but my area manager is supposedly sorting it spent but that was on monday. all morning with the CAB who say I need to lodge it with the Employment Tribunal website I still really would like to speak to a barrister or legal adviser as AA also were useless to so I know it is all going to be ok 100%
          See above for suggestions: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...629#post581629. :thumb:

The quality of advice from the CABs can vary wildly depending on which one you visit and who you get to talk to. IMHO they're not great with employment matters, save for one that used to be located right in the City, that was the only one where they had people who know about employment. A local CAB lady I once saw spent most of her time googling (I can do that :nerd and then printed off a list of local high street solicitors that gave you a free half hour consultation. As could be expected, high st solicitors dealing with employment matters would represent mostly respondents rather than claimants, so they seemed to be taking the other side from the start. :Cry:

From what you say above, they don't even know the process itself. These days you don't just submit a claim directly with the ET, you need to go through ACAS early conciliation first, this step is now mandatory: https://ec.acas.org.uk/Submission/Create. Early conciliation is free and you have up to three months to start the process, the clock then stops while conciliation takes place so it can give you an extra month or so from date of dismissal.

Comment

No just been given a dismissal date of 16.10.15 just had an email from him he wants me to be a cleaner rubs the salt in my wounds why would i take that

Comment

I think he is playing games , if he offers you jobs no need to make you redundant.

Being a cleaner can be bloody hard work and IMO all jobs provide are necessary, where would a chief exec be without the cleaners, roadsweepers, refuse collectors. they need the same respect as everyone else

Comment

Yes that is what i thought he is being disrespectful tp people who do an exellent and important job and not always pleasant where would we be without them. The woman at my appeal was the same i had to take any job i have 2 sia badges i don't feel i need to look at other trades yet

Comment

Employment is a right, not a privilege

Comment

So do i go to acas know or on 16.10.15. V gratful for or all your help tonight

Comment

Originally posted by halsaps View Post
                      So do i go to acas know or on 16.10.15. V gratful for or all your help tonight
                      You'd only apply for early conciliation once you've been dismissed, and even then, you don't need to do so immediately, you've got up to three months to start the process and, from experience, starting the ball rolling with ACAS a bit later (say a couple of months after dismissal) does give you an extra month to put together your claim to the ET. :thumb:

You may want the extra time to seek advice, etc. You'll need to jump through a few hoops, send emails, wait for phone calls, etc. so the more time you have the better.

Comment

Don't know yet he hasn't told me why it came to be like that and if it hasn't been rectified or he hasn't told me it has.
                        Sent 6 emails out for free legal advice 1 reply so far which sadly a bit far the Toynbee Hall one which is a bit far as it is in
                        28 commercial street, London E1 6LS she doesn't say if it can be done by email which is a shame is it worth asking her. maybe
                        Last edited by halsaps; 12th October 2015, 09:10:AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
                          You'd only apply for early conciliation once you've been dismissed, and even then, you don't need to do so immediately, you've got up to three months to start the process and, from experience, starting the ball rolling with ACAS a bit later (say a couple of months after dismissal) does give you an extra month to put together your claim to the ET. :thumb:

You may want the extra time to seek advice, etc. You'll need to jump through a few hoops, send emails, wait for phone calls, etc. so the more time you have the better.
                          I need to get this up and running as soon as possible I know this is going to take time but I have got my MP
                          looking into it and just got a reply from a member of his team and the CAB know chester probono have been intouch they seem very helpful so thanks for posting that one and they look the one that will give me the help the quickest me appeal was very bad
                          Last edited by halsaps; 9th October 2015, 17:13:PM.

Comment

Know i have been informed i have another formal meeting this Friday which i booked off holiday as it is my wives
                            Birthday is this normal do i have to go to this. This what he says:
                            Ok we need to meet this week, we will also need to have a formal meeting this Friday, I will send you a letter but please keep Friday morning free.
                            it is weird he seems certain he wants to meet on my last day and he hasn't done in all the time since my removal.
                            your thoughts very much appreciated

Comment

Hi does this sound a bit aggressive it does to me:
                              Upon re-reading your email I'd like to turn this question around and enquire what you have done to resolve this situation. I have followed process and reviewed all available positions that would possibly meet your requirements advised you of the seriousness of the current situation, reviewed your CV and suggested ways to better present yourself to clients. I have asked you review the XXX job section and identify possible alternative positions you are willing to accept, as I'm sure xxx has also done at your second meeting.

I have full time positions in Stratford and Basildon, I appreciate the distance is longer that you would prefer, however these are both reasonable in terms of distance from Chelmsford.
                              We are running out of time and decisions need to be made.
                              your thoughts much
                              appreciated.

Comment

Sorry is that an email from him to you?

Basildon isn't that far from Chelmsford is it? I know its down sarf and thats a foreign country to me but my Aunt used to live there

I assume you mean Stratford London and not Stratford upon Avon lol

It strikes me that actually he is trying to secure you a job.

With regard to the first email I would reply with a ' I had booked the day as Holiday but I will meet you in the morning ;. Kinda shows some leeway

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X