• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Help needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed

Hi all i could really use some advice if anyone could help, i have worked in a very busy automotive factory for 15years and in january 2013 i got a promotion to Quality Technician but 18months after starting i was released to go back to my job before promotion. But now in May 2015 my managers are making me do this job again which i have now lost the desire to work in this position within the business, they are going to pay me the correct rate of pay but i aint bothered about the extra money i just really don't want to do this job anymore. Anyone know if i can say no i prefer working the job i'm doing now.

Any advice would really help.
    Last edited by mojorisin77; 1st May 2015, 22:11:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Help needed

Hello mojorisin77,
    I also work in a busy automotive factory so let's not identify each other any more than we have to.
    The short answer will be "yes" they can ask you to do any reasonable job for which you have been trained.
    I think, if you look at your contract, it will say exactly that.
    You can certainly make your wishes clear but, at the end of the day, the needs of the business outweigh your desire to work on a particular job.

Comment

Hi sean thanks for your reply and info looks like i am going to have to make my feelings clearer that i dont wish to work in this role, which is not good for me as when you don't do what your told then your card is marked and they become very un proffesional towards people as most managers are rubbish at their job and have no management skills whatsoever..

Comment

All right then.
        I employ just over 500 people in my automotive business.
        I obviously disagree with your final sentences.
        The purpose of employing you is a symbiotic relationship.
        You get financial reward, training and development and somewhere nice to work, meeting like-minded people and generally enjoying life.
        We get your services and dedication. We train you and develop you for more senior roles that may become vacant in the future. We profit with the increased volume and prices of competitive products.
        If you decide you don't like your lot, you have choices.
        You could leave.
        You could work with us to try and get something long-term that we'd both like and benefit from.
        You could "put-up" with what needs doing in the short-term so as to make friends and develop your career.
        It's your call, really.
        If you refuse a reasonable request from your manager, you invite reprisals which, ultimately, could lead to your dismissal.

Comment

Thanks i wasn't meaning all mangers in general, just most within the company i work in. Thankyou for you help and advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X