• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

UnfairDismissal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UnfairDismissal

Originally posted by stevemLS View Post
    And she is going to university so this episode need not blight the rest of her career - she can just "forget" to mention it when she is looking for a job post-university (which is not something those who need immediately to look for a job can do).
    Thank you for looking at the positives.
    Last edited by anto27; 4th March 2015, 20:23:PM. Reason: repeated a word in the same sentence

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
      Who said she would not get a reference? Many people who are sacked for GM DO get a reference which states that they were sacked for GM. If appealing is just about the reference then I'm not sure I'd bother and move on to the next job.....
      What I meant was that my daughter would not get a good reference from her employers as having a reference stating that she was dismissed for gross misconduct is not likely to go in her favour. She can't add this job to her minuscule CV and as it was her first job, does not have much experience which a lot of employers want. The funny thing is that she was advised at the hearing to take a grievance out on the manager for not doing anything to help her after she was attacked at work. This was after they dismissed her!! Thank you for sharing your experiences, I'm sure you're much better off now and my daughter read it and was encouraged that there's life after being dismissed from work although it was a terrible thing for her to go through. She is starting to feel a little bit more positive as she's putting things into perspective now and is looking forward to going back into education in September. Anything she does then would only be part time.

Comment

I used RBS Group as a referee for a job after I was sacked for GM. I work as a cleaner and not a banker anymore but for your daughter, she can leave out the job completely and start afresh as I think StevenLS has said. She has to remember that perhaps the worst experience that a job can throw at her, might have already happened and believe me when you get sacked for GM you do look over a cliff and wonder what is coming next. Staying positive is what is important and getting a job, no matter what that is.
        "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
        (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
          I used RBS Group as a referee for a job after I was sacked for GM. I work as a cleaner and not a banker anymore but for your daughter, she can leave out the job completely and start afresh as I think StevenLS has said. She has to remember that perhaps the worst experience that a job can throw at her, might have already happened and believe me when you get sacked for GM you do look over a cliff and wonder what is coming next. Staying positive is what is important and getting a job, no matter what that is.
          Thank you. I wish you all the best in everything you do.

Comment

Originally posted by anto27 View Post
            Thank you. I wish you all the best in everything you do.
            I had good people behind me giving me that kick up the backside or words of advice when things did not seem positive. I passed 6 years since I was sacked last month(and friday 13th was 6 years since I told my mother....not the best day to tell her ).
            Age is on your daughter's side and sometimes, life knocks us down because we are not going in the right direction that we need to go. Perhaps this is the case for your daughter. As you have said that she reads some of the posts on here then I'll write this. Stay positive and believe that out of this crap situation good things will come and fantastic life lessons will be learned.
            "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
            (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X